Dana Dow Jewellers  » Jewelry  »
100 Anderson Road SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Southcentre Mall)
  • I was shopping for Christmas presents at the mall the other day, and I decided to compare some prices on an earring for my husband
  • I went in anyway, thinking that I would write down the prices of a gold hoop and a diamond stud, both of which I was considering purchasing, and then buy it at the store that offered me the best price
  • When I walked in, I was just hoping to look at some hoops and diamond studs, but given the fact that I only really needed one out of the set, as my husband just has one ear pierced, I thought it might be worth a try to ask about the possibility of buying just one
  • For great prices, selection and customer service, I would highly recommend Dana Dow Jewellers

• by Jessie Bahrey

I was shopping for Christmas presents at the mall the other day, and I decided to compare some prices on an earring for my husband. I intended to go to some of the jewelry stores I had been to or seen before in this mall, but the first one I saw was a store I had never heard of before. I went in anyway, thinking that I would write down the prices of a gold hoop and a diamond stud, both of which I was considering purchasing, and then buy it at the store that offered me the best price.

As it turned out, I didn’t even get to any of the other jewelry stores

that day. The first store I saw and entered, Dana Dow Jewellers, gave me such exceptional service and great prices that I didn’t bother to go elsewhere. When I walked in, I was just hoping to look at some hoops and diamond studs, but given the fact that I only really needed one out of the set, as my husband just has one ear pierced, I thought it might be worth a try to ask about the possibility of buying just one. As soon as I approached the counter, which circled the store, one of the three salespeople came up to me right away, and I instantly felt comfortable with her. She checked to see if there were any spares behind the desk, but there wasn’t. I told her what I was looking for. She took me to two display cases at the front of the store, and helped me find some non-feminine looking hoops and diamond studs that were in my price range. She also told me that there was a sale that day, and I was surprised to see how low even the regular prices were. It took a bit of looking to find the right size, width and style that I wanted, and I was still not sure if I wanted a hoop or a stud. The prices of both were reasonable, at under $200 ...

• Dana Dow Jewellers
      for even a good-sized diamond and thick 14 karat gold hoops. My mind was made up when I spotted some diamond-cut, 14 karat gold hoops that were the perfect size and width. They were very stunning-looking, and sparkly, without being feminine. The price was excellent as well-the regular price was $150, and I was able to get them for just under $110. The sales lady stayed with me the entire time, and she was attentive, friendly, and I felt a genuine rapport with her, not like someone was trying to sell me something. Once I made my choice, she took the earrings over to the cash register, rang up the sale, and offered to
      gift wrap the box, at no extra charge. Despite the fact that there was an extremely impatient and rude person heaving heavy sighs about how long she had to wait to be served, the sales lady wrapped my gift and made sure I had the receipt before she thanked me and said goodbye. I really got great customer service, and in reality, that probably made the difference as far as going to another jewelry store in the mall.

For great prices, selection and customer service, I would highly recommend Dana Dow Jewellers. The store itself is clean and organized, and the jewelry that I looked at is of a very high quality. It is well worth a visit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 45312909940731/k2311a123/12.3.09