The Netherlands Nieuwvliet-Bad  » Travel  »
Nieuwvliet-Bad, The Netherlands
  • At any rate, what I like about this beach is that there are garbage bins every 6 meters, there was absolutely no excuse to dump things on the sand
  • Even taking walks on the shore is not a problem, I don’t bump into people
  • Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this beach as the best alternative if you want to have a relaxed, peaceful beach day (s)

• by bethbarl

Everytime we are in Europe, we would go to the beach. I always feel that the holiday is not complete without at least inhaling the crisp, cold North Sea air. We discovered Nieuwvliet-Bad by chance when we could not get any accommodation in Cadzand which is a popular beach destination among the Dutch and neighboring countries. Knokke which is also near is so crowded despite the pricey tags of hotels, shops and restaurants. My husband always says Knokke in Belgium is for dining while the beaches in Holland which are less crowded are for relaxing. That’s what we always did, sleep and bum on the beach in Holland and eat in Belgium.

Luckily, the hotel which was recommended to us was right across the beach. I just

have to cross a street and walk up to the sand dunes and I would be right in front of the beach. As I just walked, there was no need to pay for parking fees which are ticking by the hour. Even if the beach is less crowded, parking is always for a fee.

The beach itself is very clean and well maintained. Not a sight of any piece of rubbish on the sand. As we are rather early to go the beach, I often saw the machineries which were used to clean the people and the staff who would pick up any litter which was blown away by the wind. At any rate, what I like about this beach is that there are garbage bins every ...

• 6 meters, there was absolutely no excuse to dump things on the sand.

For a minimal fee, one could also rent foldable chairs, umbrellas and parasols to protect yourself against the wind or the sun while sunbathing. I always brought our mats with us so I did not really have any need for this. There is a shop though which sells beach items and a restaurant where you can eat and drink. Further on either side are other small cafes. There is also a life guard on duty and a first aid station. Restrooms are usually available in the restaurants or the cafes.

For me the main selling point of this beach is that even at peak season where there are more tourists, the beach is big enough to

accommodate everyone. I really hate crowded beaches like in Knokke or even Cadzand. However, I never felt boxed in or cramped at Nieuwvliet-Bad. I had always enough room to put out my beach paraphernalia and relax. When I have to swim in the sea or run after my kids who are flying their kites, I do not worry that I will be stepping on someone or something. There is just enough room. Even taking walks on the shore is not a problem, I don’t bump into people.

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this beach as the best alternative if you want to have a relaxed, peaceful beach day (s). It is clean, safe and has all the facilities which you would need while on the beach.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38312909880731/k2311a123/12.3.09