Magnavox 32″ Plasma Screen HDTV  » Electronics  »
2.0
  • I purchased this television a few years with contest winnings, and things went downhill shortly after I bought it
  • I know that plasma isn't supposed to last forever, but the whole middle of the screen has what we like to call a tornado - a darker area where the plasma has gone out in the shape of a funnel cloud

• by Nichelle Kewish

I do not like my TV. Before purchasing this television, I truly believed that Magnavox was a good, respectable name in television production.

But not anymore.

I purchased this television a few years with contest winnings, and things went downhill shortly after I bought it.

The volume doesn’t work

properly, and seems to change of its own accord.

The screen is the worst part of it.

I know that plasma isn’t supposed to last forever, but the whole middle of the screen has what we like to call a tornado - a darker area where the plasma has gone out ...

• in the shape of a funnel cloud.

It makes the picture extremely hard to watch.

And bear in mind that when we bought it a couple of years ago, it was a brand new television.

The only reason I’m even giving this product a 4 is because of how long

it has lasted.

To be honest, I didn’t expect this sick and frail looking machine to last over a year, given its numerous problems.

I will no longer choose Magnavox televisions when making a purchase.

I will go with some other respectable brand such as Toshiba or Sony.

But Magnavox, never again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16312909670631/k2311a123/12.3.09