The Wind Is My Mother book  » Books  »
  • It was from other families that I learned not to give up on hope and on love
  • I found myself having many of the aha moments while reading the tales of his life
  • But no matter what your heritage I believe this book will make a major impact on your life, your relationships, and your spirit

• by Carolyn

I find it difficult to find time to sit and read anymore. However, I make time now and again for this. The Wind Is My Mother by Bear Heart is my favorite book of all time! I have read, and re-read it, at least 10 times just in the last 3 years.

It begins with The Initiation, where the child is taken out and presented to

the Elements, Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit. The blessings of the Elements is asked for the child.

I cry each time I read it as it is so beautiful and inspiring. I have shared this book with my closest friends and they too have been deeply touched.

To imagine myself, as a baby, being brought up to appreciate the beauty and value of each element, to have respect for all things, astounds me. I was brought up in a difficult situation, having been adopted by people whom chose to be extra hard on me because they had not been.

I suffered a great deal of abuse on many levels. It was from other families that I learned not to give up on hope and on love.

It is because of books like ...

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17312909340631/k2311a123/12.3.09