Beyonce: I Am … Yours  » TV  »
  • I watched and enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm very conflicted over the woman
  • I like the bounce to some of it, but others don't do a whole for me
  • I found myself ready for something calmer

• by Orrymain

Beyonce: I Am … Yours is taken from a summer 2009 concert in a small venue in Nevada. For Beyonce Knowles, she said it was a way to show people things they don’t normally get to see, to share a part of her that isn’t out there all the time.

I watched and enjoyed it for the most part, but I’m very conflicted over the woman. As

we see in this special, she’s very smart about her image and everything that happens on stage. She knows the music, and she’s in control. There’s no doubt about this. The clips they showed of her during rehearsals confirms this as she leads and participates in just about every aspect of the concert.

Still, she has a reputation to be both a diva and a good ...

• person. I suppose that’s possible, but I wish she were less of the diva, and I wish her costumes were more appropriate. She’s worn some very skimpy outfits in the past and has even canceled a concert because a venue wouldn’t let her wear her wardrobe of choice (that was overseas somewhere).

Her music is interesting. I like the bounce to some of it, but others

don’t do a whole for me. In watching Beyonce: I Am … Yours, I actually found myself thinking about her in 10 years, doing so much choreography and wondering how long she’d actually be able to keep it up. She’s just on the go. I found myself ready for something calmer.

So, it was entertaining, but it wasn’t all that I had expected it to be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10212908960331/k2311a122/12.2.09