Betty Crocker Homestyle Creamy Butter Mashed Potatoes
  • My problem with this particular 80-calorie pouch is that two cups of water was a bit too much
  • I think they need a better warning or instruction on all of the lines of this product to say use up to 2 cups or something like that because some of my experience has been that using that much actually makes the potatoes too liquid
  • So, Betty Crocker Homestyle Creamy Butter Mashed Potatoes gets a passing grade but experience with various other varieties and this one says to be careful on how much water you use

• by Orrymain

Betty Crocker Homestyle Creamy Butter Mashed Potatoes is the most recent variety of these pouched, easy cooking mashed potato products that I’ve tried. I buy them because they are about as quick and easy as you can get when it comes to cooking mashed potatoes.

There are a couple of ways you can prepare them but the one that works

for me is just boiling two cups of water and then pouring it into a container with the potato buds. All I have to do is moisten the buds and let it set for a few minutes and then whip it with a fork. When it’s done right, it’s great. When it’s not, it lacks.

My problem with ...

• this particular 80-calorie pouch is that two cups of water was a bit too much. I think they need a better warning or instruction on all of the lines of this product to say use up to 2 cups or something like that because some of my experience has been that using that much actually makes the potatoes too
        liquid.

Taste wise, however, the creamy butter was smooth and slid down my throat like a charm. It’s pure delight to have light, fluffy potatoes like this that can be made so easily.

So, Betty Crocker Homestyle Creamy Butter Mashed Potatoes gets a passing grade but experience with various other varieties and this one says to be careful on how much water you use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27212908900331/k2311a122/12.2.09