Hormel Homestyle Turkey Meat Loaf and Tomato Sauce  » Food  »
  • I love turkey, but when I say that, I usually mean Butterball turkey or deli turkey slices
  • I don't like turkey hot dogs or turkey anything else as a rule
  • The product was on sale and since there was nothing else planned for the holiday, I thought I'd try it and see how it would be

• by Orrymain

I love turkey, but when I say that, I usually mean Butterball turkey or deli turkey slices. I don’t like turkey hot dogs or turkey anything else as a rule. On a whim, though, I saw Hormel Homestyle Turkey Meat Loaf and Tomato Sauce at the store the week of Thanksgiving. I trust the Hormel brand and while every outing with their products isn’t a home run, many of them

are. The product was on sale and since there was nothing else planned for the holiday, I thought I’d try it and see how it would be. I was still skeptical. It was a gamble.

One of the things I loved is the convenience of the product. My readers know how I am. I want things that are quick and easy to fix and require minimal clean up.

• This actually turned out to be even easier than I thought. While you can cook it in a conventional oven, you can also microwave it, and that’s how I did it. What was unique was that the tomato sauce was atop the turkey meat loaf, covered with a plastic wrap that vented on its own. In other words, all I had to do was put it in the microwave, cook
        it, and then pull off the plastic. Wow — that’s my kind of cooking.

Biting into it, I wasn’t sure I liked it, but I kept biting and eating. Slowly, it grew on me. By the time I was done, I thought I might actually buy it again sometime.

So, I can’t say it’s something I would scream about, but you know, it was a good meal and I did enjoy it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27212908890331/k2311a122/12.2.09