“Don’t Know What You Got Till It’s Gone”
  • I like it because everyone has done something stupid--for whatever reason--and has ended up hurting and losing the person they truly cared about, and just like the song says

• by C.Channing

“Don’t Know What You Got Till It’s Gone Performer: Cinderella

I can officially add “Don’t Know What You Got Till It’s Gone” performed by Cinderella as my favorite take me back song. As I was listening to “Nobody’s Fool”, there was a sidebar of other videos posted by users; I kept clicking on various user videos until I came across this one.

In the beginning, the song starts off

like a lullaby: Piano and all. It’s obvious they song didn’t lack the efforts of the guitar, but the piano was a stand out throughout the entire song. I don’t know what it is, but it has that universal beat that makes you want to move your head from side to side, which I find myself doing often. The chorus is also catchy and the verses themselves are worth listening to as well.

The song is about a guy who has been doing wrong in his relationship (they don’t say what wrong, so I’ll assume they leave it up to the listeners imagination) and he is on the verge of losing his girlfriend; before she has a chance to get out the door he’s trying to apologize to her for whatever it is he has ...

done and he asks her to take time to think before she makes a decision. I like it because everyone has done something stupid–for whatever reason–and has ended up hurting and losing the person they truly cared about, and just like the song says: You don’t know what you got till it’s gone. I’ve never been in that predicament, but I have plenty of guy friends who have.

Overall, “Don’t Know What You Till It’s Gone”, is the perfect song to listen to if you’re trying to get back that person you let slip through your hands. The lyrics are so poetic and true and the piano and guitar are together for this particular song. If you do decide to listen to this song, please read the lyrics as well because they are really good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14212908670331/k2311a122/12.2.09