“Amanda”
  • I love the guitar solo before the singer makes his big confession in the fifth and sixth verse
  • The entire song reads like a poem and I think Hallmark should cough up the money to get the lyrics in their cards

• by C.Channing

“Amada” Performer: Boston

Since listening to Boston’s “More Than A Feeling”, I have been on the prowl to find more of their music and I came across (what appears to be a power ballad) “Amanda”. The song “Amanda” is the first song off of their third album, “Third Stage”.

Again, I’ll confess I am a sucker for a good rock ballad, and as soon as I heard the electric guitar being strung I was immediately taken by the song. I love the guitar solo before the singer makes his big confession in the fifth and sixth verse;

it reminded of the movie “Say Anything”, when John Cusack is standing outside with the boom box over his head. I have not seen the movie since I was a little kid and I don’t remember what song was playing or exactly where he was, however, the solo guitar part still reminded me of that particular scene. I also like how the tempo of the song is slow and soft, but that the guitar is strong loud and hard during certain parts to make a point: It says I maybe a rocker singing and playing ...

• a love song, but every now and then I have to play hard on my guitar so you don’t forget who I am. I like it.

The song, “Amanda”, is about a guy finally deciding to confess to Amanda that he’s in love with her, and that he can’t go on another day without her knowing it. I like the verse where he states: It’s now or never and tomorrow may be too late. What woman doesn’t want to hear those words spoken by the man she is in love with and vice versa. The entire

song reads like a poem and I think Hallmark should cough up the money to get the lyrics in their cards; I know I would buy them up. The words are so loving and tender and genuine that I couldn’t help but get swept up in them and their meaning.

Overall, Boston has become one of my newly discovered favorite bands to listen to. Just like I play “More Than A Feeling” repeatedly, I have started doing the same thing to their song “Amanda”. The song “Amanda” is so relaxing and I love listening to it on a regular basis.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14212908650331/k2311a122/12.2.09