Ninjatown (Nintendo DS)  » Games  »
  • The story was very interesting and the characters were really funny
  • Overall, I found this to be a really fun game

• by Shadow Zero

Ninjatown is a tower defense strategy game developed by Venan Entertainment for the Nintendo DS. Like any other tower defense game, you have to build structures, using some sort of currency, in order to prevent the enemy from crossing a map. Players can earn more money/currency by defeating the enemies. In this game, you can build huts, using “cookies” as the currency, that houses ninjas and these ninjas are used to fight off the enemy.

I’m not really a big fan of tower defense games, but what drawn me to try out this game was the cute little ninjas featured in it. Once I

started playing the game, I got hooked. The story was very interesting and the characters were really funny. In this game, an evil demon tries to steal a special cookie recipe from the ninjas to use for his own evil purposes. It was so absurd and so much like a children’s story, stealing a cookie recipe; but for this game with those kinds of characters, it works quite well and makes it all the more entertaining and enjoyable to play through it.

Aside from the cute ninjas, I really like this game for its level of excitement. I have to be constantly on my ...

• toes to be sure the enemy doesn’t cross the map and continue to decide on whether I should upgrade my current ninjas’ abilities or build new huts to increase the number of ninjas. It can get frustrating once in a while though. There are certain levels that are just incredibly difficult; and every time I fail, it gets harder and harder to think up of a new strategy.

What makes this game some what addicting is the rating for each level. After completing a level, you get a rating of either A, B, C, or D. If no enemy crosses the map, you get

an “A” rating. Allowing even one enemy to cross automatically drops the rating to a “B”. Of course, the more enemies you allow to cross, the lower the rating. I kept playing each level over and over again, even if I already passed it or had just passed it, simply to just get that “A” rating.

Overall, I found this to be a really fun game; it’s got great characters and an interesting plot. This game is worth playing whether or not you’re a fan of tower defense games. You can also keep playing the game over and over again to improve your rating for each level.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28212908510231/k2311a122/12.2.09