Kiehl’s Superbly Restorative Dry Oil
  • For my body, I love how this oil keeps my skin hydrated and glowing the rest of the day
  • I like that this oil has a thinner consistency and glides smoothly on skin
  • Because of the fact that it's fairly-traded, the bottle is reasonably priced at 30 dollars, I bought it for 1950 pesos

• by jhunie

At late parts of the year when the air gets pretty stale and my skin looks dull and dry, I often use heavy moisturizers for my body. I discovered body oils a long time ago and started with virgin coconut oil which was fairly good but the thick oily texture is just too much for my skin. Then I tried Kiehl’s Superbly Restorative Oil because I was interested of the oils many applications to the body and after hearing a lot of rave reviews from this simple product.

For my body, I love how this oil keeps my skin hydrated and glowing the rest of the day. It’s like having baby soft skin. Your

body will have a healthy sheen after you use this. Another remarkable attribute of this body oil is that it tends to resist water particularly at times when I’m washing my hands, the soap doesn’t take away the velvety smooth feeling. The moisture stays and the shiny glow it gives to my legs and arms makes me comfortable to flaunt my tan complexion. I pour a few drops on my hands and gently spread the oil on my skin.

For my hair, I also like the patent-like shine it leaves on my locks. But it gives my hair a greasy looking shine especially that I have coarse thick asian hair which can look all too ...

• heavy with this oil. It’s like a hair pomade being that shiny rather it doesn’t weigh my hair down and my strands don’t tangle especially at the tips which is good. Unlike wax or pomade, my hair stays bouncy and vibrant. For this purpose, I tend not to use it that much. I only find this oil to be extremely helpful for my skin and much less for my hair.

I like that this oil has a thinner consistency and glides smoothly on skin. It also absorbs fast and dries quickly without leaving a sticky feel. This dry oil somewhat leaves an emolient quality on the skin. Kiehl’s superbly restorative oil

has fairly traded argan oil derived from Morocco. Aside from that, it also contains other essential oils and antioxidants derived mostly from fruits which sounds quite nourishing for my skin. Though, I just hope this oil could be truly multi-purpose since I didn’t find it to be suitable for my hair.

Because of the fact that it’s fairly-traded, the bottle is reasonably priced at 30 dollars, I bought it for 1950 pesos. I will give this product a score of 8/10 minus the price and its lesser efficiency to my hair. Other than that, this makes a great body oil.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31112907920731/k2311a121/12.1.09