Aldi Market  » Shopping  »
8400 Phoenix Ave. Fort Smith, AR 72903
  • The food prices are the best so when I moved to Fort Smith everything just seemed so over priced
  • It’s definitely a great place to find frozen poultry and fish for a good price
  • I like that they have a method to keeping their carts together and out of parking lots buy making people put in a quarter to get their carts out
  • Don’t worry, it doesn’t cost anything, you get your quarter back whe you return the cart
  • Overall, I thought that Aldi Market is a good place to find affordable prices on food but it’s not the greatest store nor does it offer a great selection to choose from

• by liberty

I recently moved to Fort Smith, Arkansas and had to find different places to shop for groceries. I was so use to shopping at H.E.B in Texas that I had no idea there were other grocery stores out there. I mean I did, but H.E.B is huge in Texas, I guess it’s like Wal-Mart in Arkansas. The food prices are the best so when I moved to Fort Smith everything just seemed so over priced. Then a friend of my parents mentioned Aldi Market, it’s where she does her grocery shopping. Since then it’s been the store my family and I go to get most of our groceries, but it’s by no means on the same scale as H.E.B. The following

are my pros and cons for Aldi Market.

I’ll start off with the pros first. What I liked about this Aldi store at this particular location, Phoenix Avenue, is that the food prices are very good. I will tell you this much, it’s much more affordable than groceries at Wal-Mart and other grocery stores in Fort Smith. It’s definitely a great place to find frozen poultry and fish for a good price. I’ll admit, their frozen fish prices are even lower than what I’ve ever found at H.E.B, but then again Arkansas sales tax is higher so I guess it evens out. Texas doesn’t tax their food, at least not most. There’s always plenty of parking and carts. I like that they ...

• have a method to keeping their carts together and out of parking lots buy making people put in a quarter to get their carts out. Don’t worry, it doesn’t cost anything, you get your quarter back whe you return the cart.

Now for the cons to Aldi Market. I didn’t find the staff to be too friendly. They weren’t rude but they were pretty much indifferent. There were no smiles or even greetings. The lines are always so long at this place too, there’s never been more than a few lanes open every time I’ve been there. It’s not Costco or Sam’s but you have to bag your own groceries too, and if you don’t bring your own bag there’s an

option of buying some of theirs. Yes, they charge for their bags. The fish and poultry are cheap but the meats are priced higher than a lot of places I’ve seen. They don’t have a whole lot of fresh meats or produce selection. The store overall is small and very unorganized.

Overall, I thought that Aldi Market is a good place to find affordable prices on food but it’s not the greatest store nor does it offer a great selection to choose from. Since it’s the only option in this town, it’ll have to do. I still have to buy some of my other groceries at other stores because I can’t find it at Aldi. Like I said, so not like H.E.B.

Jim LaBorde says :

What credit card is accepted by Aldi in Columbus Ohio?

Marg says :

They don’t take any credit cards, only PIN-based debit cards. You can check out all there payment methods here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 243011907470730/k2311a1130/11.30.09