M&M’s Premiums Mint Chocolate  » Food  »
2.0
  • I’m generally not an M&M candies kind of person but I enjoy it from time to time
  • The way the M&Ms looked were definitely nice but because of it’s metallic coloring I was curious as to how it would taste
  • I love that it just melted in my mouth, literally
  • I think it’s mostly M&M trying to get fancy but M&M’s are still M&Ms
  • Overall, I thought that M&M Premiums mint chocolate were a waste of money

• by liberty
      I’m generally not an M&M candies kind of person but I enjoy it from time to time. When I saw that they had gotten fancy with their candies, my guess is to compete with the gourmet chocolates, I have to say I was curious. The way the M&Ms looked were definitely nice but because of it’s metallic coloring I was curious as to how it would taste. I played it safe and went with my favorite, mint chocolate. The following are my pros and cons based on my experiences with M&M’s

Premiums Mint Chocolate.

I’ll start off with what I liked about M&M’s Premiums mint chocolate first since it’s going to be a short list. What I liked about this M&M product was that it does taste like mint chocolate, very minty in fact, more so than I’ve ever had. Basically it just tasted like a mint with a hint of chocolate. I love that it just melted in my mouth, literally. I could taste and feel the metallic coating, which was thin by the way, just melting away.

Now for what ...

• I didn’t like about this M&M chocolate. I didn’t like that it costs more than regular M&M’s, even for the bag. I think it’s mostly M&M trying to get fancy but M&M’s are still M&Ms. I wouldn’t buy these candies again. I didn’t like the over powering mint, it just made the overall candy taste too sweet. The metallic coating looks nice but leaves a weird after taste that I can’t describe. I believe I bought my M&M Premiums mint chocolate at Wal-Mart for about $5 and it was maybe a
        fourth the size of a regular bag of M&Ms, not the small ones but the bag ones. I love mint chocolate but this one just didn’t taste right to me and I couldn’t finish it so I threw it out. It’s the only chocolate I ever threw out.

Overall, I thought that M&M Premiums mint chocolate were a waste of money. It’s all gimmick. If they want to compete with gourmet chocolate they’re going to have to do better than repacking their products in fancier boxes and chocolate coatings. The flavor definitely needs improvement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273011907360730/k2311a1130/11.30.09