Nestle Shredded Wheat
  • You can buy it either in the form of large biscuits or bite size biscuits but I prefer the larger, standard size Shredded Wheat and usually just one of those is enough to fill me up
  • I know I feel a lot better when I make the minimal effort required to get a good breakfast like Shredded Wheat rather than rushing out of the house with an empty stomach, which usually means I will buy some junk food on the way to work
  • I like Shredded Wheat with hot milk personally as with cold milk the strands of wheat are just too hard for me to enjoy as much
  • The wheat softens with the warm milk and I think it is a lovely, warming breakfast for the current cold winter mornings we are starting to endure now

• by jeanne71

Nestle Shredded Wheat is a very healthy breakfast cereal made entirely from whole grain wheat with, as the advert says, nothing added and nothing taken away. Whole grain cereal is generally very high in fibre and retains all the natural goodness which processed grain usually has been stripped of.

up.

Whole grain makes for an ideal breakfast as it releases energy slowly so you tend to feel satisfied for longer and with less hunger pangs up until it is time for lunch.

I know I feel a lot better when I make the minimal effort required to get a good breakfast like Shredded Wheat rather than rushing out of the house with an empty stomach, which usually means I will buy some junk food on the way to work.

I like Shredded Wheat with ...

• hot milk personally as with cold milk the strands of wheat are just too hard for me to enjoy as much.

Although the biscuits do look a bit like something you would put down on the floor of a rabbit hutch, wheat bound together into an oblong biscuit, it is actually very tasty, especially with a spoonful of honey to sweeten it.

Honey gives the warm milk and lovely flavor and compliments all healthy, whole grain cereals like this one.

Do not, for

heaven’s sake, add sugar as honey has so much more flavor than sugar and it has some health benefits too.

The wheat softens with the warm milk and I think it is a lovely, warming breakfast for the current cold winter mornings we are starting to endure now.

They are very economical as you can buy a box of 36 for only a couple of pounds or so and I personally only need one for every breakfast as they are so filling.

Delicious!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273011907250730/k2311a1130/11.30.09