Tip Top Tailors  » Clothes  »
100 Anderson Road SE, Calgary, Alberta (Southcentre Mall)
  • I found myself doing some Christmas shopping at Southcentre Mall in southeast Calgary, Alberta yesterday, and I had an exceptional customer service experience at Tip Top Tailors, where I was shopping for my father
  • I love this approach to customer service, because it is helpful without being obnoxious
  • Each one was regularly priced at $49.99, but of course, because I bought two, I received 30% of the entire bill
  • Once I got to the cash register, the sales person offered to gift wrap the purchases, at no extra cost
  • I would highly recommend Tip Top Tailors at Southcentre Mall to anyone looking for men’s clothing and accessories

• by Jessie Bahrey

I found myself doing some Christmas shopping at Southcentre Mall in southeast Calgary, Alberta yesterday, and I had an exceptional customer service experience at Tip Top Tailors, where I was shopping for my father. My first impression was that the store is as tidy and organized as it could possibly be, despite the hordes of shoppers that were busily messing up sweaters and putting items back in the wrong place. There were signs all over the sweater displays and shelves, advertising 20% of one item, 30% off two, and 40% off if you buy three. I was all over this deal, because I was planning to buy

both my husband and my dad sweaters. I really enjoyed the fact that not only was everything in the entire store, including the sale items and the accessories like scarves and hats, was neatly folded as well as being in the correct size order, which I know from experience working in retail that this is extremely difficult to accomplish and maintain. The clothes are of a high quality as well, and are very reasonably priced for Canada. I was immediately greeted and told simply that if I needed help, to let him know. I love this approach to customer service, because it is helpful without being obnoxious.

• As well, it respects shoppers’ space and privacy, and does not assume that we cannot read the signs regarding prices and sales. I enjoyed browsing.

I easily found two sweaters, one for my husband and one for my dad. Each one was regularly priced at $49.99, but of course, because I bought two, I received 30% of the entire bill. They were soft, a wool and cotton blend, and very well-made and of a high quality. I stood in a lineup for only a minute to pay, because as soon as the lineup got to be 3 persons long, a sales associate came running over to help the

next person in line. I loved this. Once I got to the cash register, the sales person offered to gift wrap the purchases, at no extra cost. Not only that, but when I said that I didn’t want to hold up the line, he called yet another store employee over who quickly but neatly wrapped my purchases. I was more than impressed with this level of service and attention to detail.

I would highly recommend Tip Top Tailors at Southcentre Mall to anyone looking for men’s clothing and accessories. The merchandise is high quality and reasonably priced, the store is neat and tidy and organized and the customer service is exceptional.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 553011907230730/k2311a1130/11.30.09