Samsung DMR77 Dishwasher  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • I was very impressed, and all of the stainless appliances were sleek, beautiful, and had clean, modern lines

• by Jessie Bahrey

After extensive kitchen renovations, a friend of mine bought all new Samsung appliances. I was looking forward to seeing the kitchen, so a few weeks ago I got the chance to visit. I was very impressed, and all of the stainless appliances were sleek, beautiful, and had clean, modern lines. In fact, I was very impressed with the dishwasher (my friend looked up the model number for me-DMR77), because all of the controls are completely hidden, making it the sleekest dishwasher I have ever seen. I can also attest to the fact that it is also the quietest I have ever heard, or not heard, because we were visiting in the kitchen the entire time and I

couldn’t hear it running. I also know that the capacity is huge, because when the cycle was finished, I helped her unload it, and it had everything from oversized plates to casserole dishes. It accommodated the dishes from her dinner party of 8 the night before. She showed me how easy it was to adjust the racks with just one button, and all the racks tilt as well, so she is very pleased with the quietness, the load capacity, and of course, the good looks. She also said that it is an Energy Star compliant appliance, as all of her Samsung appliances are, and she paid $999.99.

I asked her about some of the other features or ...

• options that this dishwasher has, mainly because I am planning some kitchen renovations of my own. Some of the things that she mentioned were:

-There is a filtration system which connects to her garbage disposal, so there is no residue buildup in the bottom of the dishwasher.

-The dishes always come out dry and clean.

-There are several different cycle options-normal, pots and pans, quick-wash (28 minutes), delicate, rinse and smart wash.

-There are also other options such as delay start, half load, cancel, and sanitize.

There were a few negative things that she found about this dishwasher:

-She has to use a rinse aid and run the sanitize option once a week to prevent odor-now, that was one thing she had

not expected, and I would be appalled. She says it is not an overwhelming odor, more like a musty, damp smell, but she is very worried that this will get worse over time, so she is going to keep an eye on it.

-Despite the fact that this model claims that you don’t have to rinse the dishes before putting them in the washer, my friend started rinsing, because she was noticing that the filtration system is not quite up to getting very dirty, unrinsed dishes completely clean.

My friend’s conclusion is that this Samsung DMR77 Dishwasher looks pretty, is quiet and has many high-tech options, but that the odor and less-than-great filtration system is not outstanding, and could use some work.

dave says :

our recently purchased DMR 77 does not dry the dishes very well. We have rinse agent in it and have been running it on Normal with the sanitize option on. What can we do the rectify this issue?

Jules Li says :

You mentioned that you have rinsing agent. Another thing that you should check is the drainage hose. If the drainage hose is clogged or blocked off, the water won’t be able to exit, which results in the dishes not being able to dry. If there is no problem with the drainage, it is likely to be a hardware problem. If this is the case you should contact Samsung to have it serviced, especially since you say you recently purchased it. It should be covered by warranty.

Galega says :

There may be some technical and hardware issue. However, I would suggest you to first go through following step:

The drying problem with Samsung DMR77 is likely related to the lack of rinse aid coating in your machine. Rinse aid must be used for at least 30-45 cycles to season the inside of the tank to improve drying. You might be doing this mistake. Please take a look at the manual and you should find relevant information mentioned above.

In majority of cases, this simple step works.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533011907220730/k2311a1130/11.30.09