Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta recipe
  • I came across a recipe for Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta in an old Italian cookbook that I found in a box in my closet, and tried it out

• by Jessie Bahrey

There are literally hundreds of recipes for Bruschetta, and I have tried several over the years. Many are time-consuming, some are uninteresting, and others require so many ingredients that you spend all of your time running around from store to store to find them all. I came across a recipe for Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta in an old Italian cookbook that I

found in a box in my closet, and tried it out. It is relatively simple and takes a short time to prepare, plus it doesn’t take countless or hard-to-find ingredients. The only difficulty could be to find all of the required mushroom varieties; because I couldn’t find them, I made this recipe without the oyster mushrooms, and instead substituted chanterelles, and ...

• it worked well.

Ingredients:

2 cups each: button, shiitake and oyster mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in butter or oil until golden, then cooled and chopped

1 tablespoon each minced shallots and minced chives

¼ cup toasted pine nuts

2 tablespoons reduced cream

2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette

Toasted baguette, sliced

Combine mushrooms, shallots, chives, pine nuts and vinaigrette in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until warmed through. (I

stirred this constantly during this time). Stir in the vinaigrette and serve on the toasted baguette slices.

For this recipe, I made my own balsamic vinaigrette, and had some left over for salads in the following days.

Balsamic Vinaigrette:

Whisk together ½ cup balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in 1 ½ cup olive oil until completely emulsified. Add salt to taste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 493011907210730/k2311a1130/11.30.09