Almay Nearly Naked Cover Up Stick, Light  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • And, I've tried some great Almay products in the past, on my road to finding the best coverage possible, and I've had some pretty miserable experience with Almay products
  • And this was another instance in which I just had to be disappointed with an almay product, no matter how beautiful its spokespeople are

• by Anasuya

There pretty much isn’t a day in my life, since I reached puberty, that I haven’t been wearing some kind of makeup. With a blotchy complexion and a fair skin tone that showed the blotches predominantly, and very dark undereye circles from a serious sleep deprivation condition (called “kids and a husband”), it’s important that I try to look as put together as possible, which requires a heavy handed approach to foundations and concealers on occassion. Even in my 30’s, I’m still branded with the occassional breakout that varies from mild to moderate, and no matter how you look at it, neither is a pleasing alternative. Ah, what I wouldn’t give for smooth perfect skin without all the effort and expensive involved in having gads of makeup at your every-day disposal, but such is not my lot in life, as I’m sure is

the case for millions of other women as well.

And, I’ve tried some great Almay products in the past, on my road to finding the best coverage possible, and I’ve had some pretty miserable experience with Almay products. This is one of those product lines that people either love or hate, and I’m not entirely sure I’ve made up my mind yet, though I have to say I’ve had only a little success in comparison to the number of their products i’ve tried over the years. See, I have very very oily skin, and not just on the t-zone. It’s pretty much an all-over oily condition that has plagued me since birth, and left me carrying blotch papers with me at every possible occassion, and it’s hard to find a make-up that isn’t a hindrance to an oily complexion, even those that say they are oil-free. Usually, though they may be oil free, they are water-based and don’t cover very well at all, so it’s a double-edged sword for women like me.

Anyway, I saw that almay had a “nearly naked” concealer stick, and since I had some dismal failures in regards to another concealer of theirs that caked on and was too pink in tone (no matter what shade I tried), I figured the “nearly naked” meant there were some improvements made. Plus, it’s not a liquid like their other concealer, and went on much like a lipstick would. I tend to not apply the stick directly to the skin, as this contaminates the stick with the oils from your own skin (and can cause further breakouts), so I just dabbed some on a disposable wedge sponge and tried to first cover the circles I ...

• Almay Nearly Naked Cover Up Stick, Light
      have under my eyes which scream “I look dead, so please kill me already and lets call it a day”. And, it covered okay, though not nearly as well as some other concealer sticks I’ve tried. And, their products still have too many pink undertones in it, which is SO frustrating since it’s a proven fact most people on EARTH have more yellow tones in their skin than pink, unless they are artificially colored! And it’s supposed to look flawless with an almay foundation, but I can’t use almay foundations because they just don’t cover sufficiently for my needs, so I tried to match it with the foundation I use, and it was awfully and horribly noticeable that I had two different color foundations on. Nothing is worse than that in the world of women (except for beautiful shoes that hurt the feet).
      And this was another instance in which I just had to be disappointed with an almay product, no matter how beautiful its spokespeople are. Just goes to show me that… NO, I WONT look like Jessica Alba by using their product. Sigh.

But at least this product didn’t look caked-on, which is a plus in their favor. It went on easily, blended well with the surrounding area. It still looked too pink, but at least the pink area blended subtley into the more yellow tones of my skin instead of becoming glaringly obvious that I was wearing undereye concealer of some kind or another. They are moving in the right direction, because it’s a step up from the last product of theirs I tried, but they still have a long way to go and really need to work with the yellow tones a bit more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313011906850630/k2311a1130/11.30.09