National College of Business and Technology  » Education  »
0.5
Danville, KY
  • After my son started school I decided that I should go back too
  • National just seemed like the best choice due to them being able to work around my schedule
  • When I tried to get my foot into the door at a local accounting firm is when I found out that I picked the wrong school

• by davis65

I am very unpleased with National College. I registered for the same reason that everyone else in my town registered for. It was the only college around that you could have a full time job and still have time to go back to school.

They had day and night classes which made it very easy to work around any schedule. I completed 2 terms before I left National College.

I always wanted to get a degree in Accounting. It

had been a dream of mine since highschool.

After my son started school I decided that I should go back too. National just seemed like the best choice due to them being able to work around my schedule.

I wish now that I would have done a little more homework before I signed up. I was told that their credits would transfer since they only did Associates degrees.

I had a 4. 0 GPA and thought that it would help ...

• me when trying to transfer to another school.

When I tried to get my foot into the door at a local accounting firm is when I found out that I picked the wrong school. The state that I live in won’t even allow you to take the test to practice accounting with a National College degree.

When I found that out I decided to change schools. Every school that I applied to wouldn’t accept any of my credits because

they were from National College.

The only school that would except credits from National was an online school and they only accepted 1 of my credits. Come to find out National College is not Accredited, and most companies do not accept their degrees when you go to apply for a job.

After 2 terms in school and alot of hard work, I had to start all over again. I am just glad that I found out before I graduated from there.

Chuck S. says :

We were disheartened to hear that your perception of National College was less than satisfactory. However, we are very proud of the work you put in to earn such a fantastic GPA. We encourage you to speak with a representative at your campus to discuss your concerns feedback is vital to our continued growth as an institution. Still, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few items first, in regards to accreditation, National College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges Schools ACICS , which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, the Commission for Higher Education Accreditation, and the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education. Furthermore, a number of area colleges do accept National College credits for transfer, but this is entirely at the discretion of the school. Additionally, we are very proud of our numerous accounting graduates that are gainfully employed throughout central Kentucky. And lastly, concerning your exam to practice accounting we are familiar with only the Certified Public Accounting CPA Exam, which requires 150 semester hours, equivalent to a master s degree, and we are eager to learn more about your situation. Our Virginia MBA graduates are eligible and do sit for the CPA exam, but unfortunately our MBA program is not yet available in Kentucky. We invite you to contact a National College representative and please feel free to visit our Facebook page for more information. Regards, Chuck

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502911906300130/k2311a1129/11.29.09