Comcast Internet Cable and Digital Voice Phone Services
  • When we wrote a letter to the company regarding our experience, we recieved a letter one month later, with coupons for free on-demand movies through the cable service
  • If there is another alternative for your phone service, I would recommend doing so

• by ReneS
      After receiving many advertisements regarding the powerful, quick Comcast Cable Internet service available in our area, we decided to try it out. We had a leading DSL provider prior to this, and was anticipating a better internet connection without as many interruptions.

After reading through the information, we chose to bundle our services and order digital voice telephone and cable internet, which was added to our television cable service which was previously set up with Comcast.

What we

were not anticipating was the many downtimes over this past summer in which we were without both telephone and internet service for days.

Very rarely was the service restored in a day.

We had countless calls to the customer service department when a technician did not show up to restore service, only to be told that the appointment would be set up the following day.

Often a technician would show up within a day or two of ...

• that call who would then tell us that a maintenance team or a construction team would then need to repair damage on the street lines.

In the course of a 2 month period, we had seven outtages.

When we wrote a letter to the company regarding our experience, we recieved a letter one month later, with coupons for free on-demand movies through the cable service.

While we like the speed of the internet (when it is up and

running), having interrupted service coupled with no phone service during this time has soured our experience with Comcast.

If there is another alternative for your phone service, I would recommend doing so.

If you can live with frequent interruptions in your service, then the Comcast experience may not be too troublesome for you.

If you want reliable service for your telephone and internet, bundling services with Comcast would not be a recommended option for you.

Nancy Kazimir says :

Can you tell me where you live? I have internet cable TV with Comcast and am anticipating buying a new TV that would require HD box - the Comcast Rep offered me a Triple Play Pkg that would include telephone and it would be cheaper than what I am presently paying but my parents are in their late 80`s have problems hearing on the phone we now have Verizon and they need to have access to telephone so I am reluctent to change to Comcast after reading your review. I live in South Plainfield, NJ which is very populated so I don`t know if that would make Comcast service better in my area than yours. Thank you

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2140990600230/k2311a094/9.4.06