Tesco Applicator Tampons Multipack  » Health  »
2.5
  • I bought the multipack as they are generally speaking so useful to have, with their different absorbences for use at different times throughout my menstrual flow
  • For a box of 28 tampons I paid only £1.89 which is a lot cheaper than the Tampax Pearl that are my favoured brand of tampon
  • For the first couple of days I definitely need the super absorbency and for the rest of the time I use the regular
  • They have a rounded tip for easier insertion but the main problem with them is that the tampon will jam inside the cardboard applicator and just will not budget out

• by jeanne71

I had only gone to the supermarket with a bit of cash on me and no cards so by the time I remembered I needed some tampons I could only afford Tesco’s own brand of applicator tampons, along with all my other stuff. I bought the multipack as they are generally speaking so useful to have, with their different absorbences for use at different times throughout my menstrual flow.

For a box of 28

tampons I paid only £1.

89 which is a lot cheaper than the Tampax Pearl that are my favoured brand of tampon.

In this multipack box you get 4 mini tampons, 12 regular and 12 super absorbency tampons which is just about right to cope with the different rate of flow we go through.

I am grateful to have the mini absorbency because my periods have a tendency to trail off very gradually and this goes on over two or three days past the usual 5 day period.

For the first couple of days I definitely need the super absorbency and for the rest of the time I use the regular.

It is advised that you do not use an absorbency greater than the need of your actual flow, for health reasons.

My usual Tampax pearl are so fantastic that I did not expect these tampons to live up to ...

• Tesco Applicator Tampons Multipack
      those standards.

These are basic applicator tampons and the quality of them is reflected in the price.

They are OK though, just as good as the regular tampons made by Tampax as far as I can tell.

They have a rounded tip for easier insertion but the main problem with them is that the tampon will jam inside the cardboard applicator and just will not budget out! One time I was in

such a hurry that I just removed the applicator and inserted it like that which was not comfortable.

That said, even Tampax cardboard applicator tampons will jam occasionally.

I have not leaked at all with these though.

Tesco’s own brand therefore are adequate standard applicator tampons so they are OK if you are on a budget but otherwise I would get a brand of tampons that does not get stuck in the applicator so much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342911905881230/k2311a1129/11.29.09