Feminax Ultra Period Pain Relief Tablets with Naproxen  » Medicine  »
  • They recommend taking two tablets as soon as the pain starts and then another single tablet 6-8 hours later if necessary
  • The advantage these have over the tablets I used to take is that these do not seem to make me sick as the Naproxen occasionally did and I notice that the Feminax Ultra are described as ‘gastro-resistant’ which means they are designed to minimize any such nauseating effects
  • My pain is quite extreme so I think these tablets should be strong enough for most women

• by jeanne71

I suffer from really debilitating period pain every month and for some inexplicable reason my doctor recently took me off my prescribed medication which was the anti-inflammatory drug, Naproxen, that was working and put me onto another painkiller which just does not work. This meant that I was forced to seek something over the counter at the pharmacy to get rid of the agony that I am blessed with during my period and these Feminax Ultra are apparently the only over the counter medication that you can buy which contains this wonder drug, Naproxen. Going on memory, the way Naproxen works is by thinning the blood and so

these should not be taken if you are taking another blood thinning medication such as Warfarin.

It is apparently the blood clots that cause the cramps so I understand. These painful periods run in my family and I am told that if I ever have a baby they will get better.

At my age, that is getting less likely. Anyway, I tried this famous Feminax brand, a new variation on it which is called Feminax Ultra, which claims to provide maximum strength pain relief from period pain, cramps and backaches – the usual agonies of that time of the month.

These tablets are quite expensive ...

• to buy at £4. 99 from Boots for nine 250mg tablets.

They recommend taking two tablets as soon as the pain starts and then another single tablet 6-8 hours later if necessary.

The Naproxen tablets I got from my doctor worked very well with me so I knew the Naproxen ingredient would work in the Feminax Ultra tablets but they were not as strong as the Feminax Ultra are watered down with other ingredients.

Feminax Ultra take less time than to kick in properly than the Naproxen which would take at least an hour and taking two tablets does obliterate any pain for me. The only thing

is after 6 hours I had a bad pain again and I ended up taking another two tablets to alleviate it, which is exceeding the recommended dose.

I will return to my regular Naproxen tablets as soon as I can persuade my doctor. The advantage these have over the tablets I used to take is that these do not seem to make me sick as the Naproxen occasionally did and I notice that the Feminax Ultra are described as ‘gastro-resistant’ which means they are designed to minimize any such nauseating effects.

My pain is quite extreme so I think these tablets should be strong enough for most women.

KP says :

I do not like these pills at all, the chemist didn’t even offer me anything just kind of shoved them into my face when I said I wanted pain killers for my period pains. Anyway they took 2-3 hours to stop the pain and then what they did was stop my period at day 4, now I have never ever had this happen before, so I know it was down to those vile tablets. Wished pharmacists could just stop trying to promote certain pills when they don’t work for everyone. Really angry about it now as this month I have twice the pain as normal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262911905691230/k2311a1129/11.29.09