Clarins Double Fix Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have a major problem with my eye lids which go oily most of the time
  • I love that I can do whatever I want without worrying or consciously thinking ways to avoid smearing my lashes
  • But topping prime mascara with clarins will definitely make it stay long and volumized for the entire day
  • I like that I don't need to extensively manipulate the brush because a single stroke will go a long way
  • I definitely recommend this for everybody who's not satisfied with their smearing mascaras

• by jhunie

I have a major problem with my eye lids which go oily most of the time. The oiliness will make most eye liners smudge or at times my mascara inks out on my upper eye lids. I’m also wearing contact lenses at daytime which can make me a bit teary eyed and the moisture dampens my mascara causing it to leave stains on my lower rims. I hate using waterproof mascara because they give a thick web-like fix for my lashes. Clarins has become a viable solution to all my mascara dilemmas. It’s not a full-pledged mascara but effectively supplements what most of my mascaras lack - water resistance.

I’ve been using Clarins double fix mascara for a year. Of course it doesn’t take the place of my favorite mascara rather it enhances its long-wearing capability through producing a protective seal that resists water, humidity and oils. I can completely max-out my regular mascara for a long time and it stays

untouched. I love that I can do whatever I want without worrying or consciously thinking ways to avoid smearing my lashes. It withstands bumps and even if I tug my lashes, it still wouldn’t budge. As the product description boasts, you can cry, get drenched in sweat or rain and your lashes stay unstained. That’s perfectly true.

Before, I used to hate almost every mascara I’ve laid my hands on, from girl-friendly covergirl to high-precision YSL volume effect mascara. Now, whether cheapies or pricey mascaras, they seem to work well with clarins double fix making the daily prospect of lash grooming a brighter enjoyable feeling. I can use it with a regular volumizing mascara to prep my lashes, I usually alternate between lancome virtuose black carat and l’oreal telescopic mascara. Cosmetic-wise, adding clarins double fix doesn’t really do anything to the prime mascara, it doesn’t add shine or definition to the lashes. But topping prime mascara with clarins will ...

• definitely make it stay long and volumized for the entire day. For instance, I overslept with it in one of my night-till-dawn cocktails and I never had a smear or vampy raccoon stains on my lids. Oftentimes, I acciddentally rub my eyes and my knuckles never had a smudge. It’s so amazing.

My first thoughts about the mascara’s sappy gel consistency was that I felt weird putting it near my eyes. But the gel instantly dries in seconds. Whoa! I figured the fine spiraled wand precisely brushes each lash coating it with gel and finishes smoothly. I like that I don’t need to extensively manipulate the brush because a single stroke will go a long way. When dried, my lashes feel waxed but remains opaque. Like styling hair, it sort of adds hold to the lashes so they don’t crimp. I don’t have naturally lengthy lashes so I had mine curled and permed. Normally, the curl will

only last for a month, but now it lasts even more which is good so I can save money.

As suggested, it can also work for grooming the brows but I don’t find that feasible since I’m already bestowed with very thin eye brows. That explains why this product is called a double fix mascara ‘coz it works for both lashes and brows. I haven’t known it’s efficiency yet for that matter but putting gel on eye brows sound strange. I find the packaging less attractive probably at a glance, it comes with a white plastic stick and retailed only for 990 pesos or 21 dollars which can stretch for a year of use.

I cannot stress enough how important this mascara is, at least, to me. I definitely recommend this for everybody who’s not satisfied with their smearing mascaras. I hope you’ll love it as much as I do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312911905441230/k2311a1129/11.29.09