Cedarlane Green Chili & Monterey Jack Cheese Tamales
2.0
  • These tamales suffer from the same problem that the other varieties of tamales suffer from, and that is the incredibly bland roasted pepper sauce

• by GenesisOne

The Cedarlane Green Chili & Monterey Jack Cheese Tamales is a frozen meal that I find somewhat satisfactory, although I was not pleased enough with what this meal had to offer to purchase it again. These tamales suffer from the same problem that the other varieties of tamales suffer from, and that is the incredibly bland roasted pepper sauce.

Apparently someone at the company thinks that the sauce adds zest and flavor to the tamales because they use the same sauce on all of the varieties of frozen tamales, but it sure does not do anything for me! I find there to be very little pepper flavoring to the sauce and without the pepper flavoring, this sauce is ...

• nothing, literally.

I do not taste any herbs or spices or other flavors.

I would actually prefer the sauce not be present period if it is going to be this dull.

As for the tamales, they are filled with both green chili and Monterey Jack Cheese.

The cheese is easily the more flavorful of the two and at times,

it is difficult to taste the green chili.

I wish there was a better balance between the two flavors, and maybe if there had been, I would have considered purchasing these tamales again, but because of the weak green chili flavor and the nearly nonexistent roasted pepper flavor of the sauce, I am going to pass on purchasing these again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272811904540630/k2311a1128/11.28.09