Stuffed Eggplant recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I would highly recommend trying this out when you have to make appetizers-It will be a real hit

• by Jessie Bahrey

I am always looking for creative and new things to do with vegetables, because I don’t find vegetables all that exciting, but they are good for you, so I try to eat them daily. Always looking for recipes for vegetables, I recently got one from my Italian friend, for Stuffed Eggplant. The Italians eat a lot of eggplant, so I knew this would be good. I

tried it the other night, and it was a hit in my house. It is actually very simple, and tasty:

Ingredients:

2 medium eggplants, peeled and sliced lengthwise, about 1/3 inch thick ¼ cup olive oil 8 ounces softened chevre 1 ½ cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped

Method:

Brush the top of the eggplant slices with olive oil and place them on a lightly oiled cookie sheet under ...

• the broiler for 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn them over and brush other side with olive oil, and broil for another 3 minutes, until this side is no longer grey.

Mix the chopped basil with the chevre. Spread this mixture on each slice of eggplant, and then roll up each of the slices. It is that simple!!!

The hardest part of this recipe is actually slicing

the eggplant into slices. It needs to be thin enough to roll up. But this is the only difficult part of this great appetizer. I have served this twice since I tried it, and I plan to serve it frequently. The chevre certainly makes this recipe have a zing and a unique flavour. I would highly recommend trying this out when you have to make appetizers-It will be a real hit!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492711904090530/k2311a1127/11.27.09