Clarins Instant Eye Make Up Remover  » Cosmetics  »
  • Considering the good reputation Clarins has for fantastic skin care, I was a little disappointed in their Instant Eye Make Up Remover
  • I paid £14 for 125ml bottle and I was hoping that it would be worth the money but I can find an eye make up remover that does a better job, although this does have some benefits

• by jeanne71

For years I used ordinary cleanser to remove my eye make up and I suffered the consequences with stinging eyes and panda eyes in the morning so I have started to try out a few proper eye make up removers. Considering the good reputation Clarins has for fantastic skin care, I was a little disappointed in their Instant Eye Make Up Remover. I paid £14 for 125ml bottle and I was hoping that it would be worth the money but I can find an eye make up remover that does a better job,

although this does have some benefits.

It contains rose and cornflower extracts to soothe your eyes and oils to dissolve your make up effectively, so it claims. It claims to be gentle enough for sensitive skin, moisturizing and effective at removing make up.

You have to shake the bottle to mix up the clear layer and blue layer of liquid and use it with a cotton wool pad, a different one for each eye so you do not spread any infection. It feels like a gentle, refreshing liquid on your skin.

I ...

• liked the fact that it made the skin around my eyes feel refreshed. Although it contains oils, it does not leave skin greasy.

It felt comfortable to use around my eyes which did not sting at all, so it does seem nice and gentle. But, maybe it is too gentle because I was surprised that it did not completely remove my make up.

I usually wear waterproof mascara – which it is supposed to be ideal for – together with a bit of eye shadow and eye liner and I felt

this was no more effective at removing this than any old cheap face cleanser I have used in the past. My eyes looked a bit dark in the morning as the remaining make up had slid down my face in the night.

This is disappointing from a brand like Clarins as I had heard that their cleansers get your skin really clean. I would not bother buying this eye make up remover again.

Maybe it would suit you better if you wear lighter make up than me and you want a remover that is gentle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312711903980530/k2311a1127/11.27.09