Edirol R-09HR Handheld Recording Device by Roland  » Electronics  »
  • The Edirol R-09HR by Roland is, in my opinion, excellent
  • The main thing I love about this device is its simplicity
  • Some of them are bold and change how your recording will sound drastically, but the ones that I really like are the small, simple ones that make just a little change to your recording, but make it sound ever more amazing
  • If you're into recording music, this is definitely one of the better options to consider buying

• by Faustie

The Edirol R-09HR by Roland is, in my opinion, excellent. To sum it up, the R-09 is a very high quality handheld recording device, with lots of little luxuries included. You would mostly use it for recording a concert, or music that you want to produce, such as an acoustic cover. I’ve even used it as a replacement for a line-in recording, and it worked perfectly.

The main thing I love about this device is its simplicity. You don’t have to trawl through a

50-page sterile black and white manual to understand how to use it, everything is very clear. All of the functions that you’d normally want to use are just there, so you needn’t dig through menu upon menu on the screen (And a very nice screen it is too, enjoyable to use, even though its very simplistic).

Of course, there are lots of functions that most people wouldn’t understand or know how to use, just to give that extra ‘ting’ to your recording. But don’t worry, because ...

• even though in most cases you won’t need it, a manual does come in the box. I like a lot of these effects; Some of them are bold and change how your recording will sound drastically, but the ones that I really like are the small, simple ones that make just a little change to your recording, but make it sound ever more amazing.

Another thing I enjoy is input jacks. I love ‘em. And guess what? There are a few on the

R-09HR, its great. Most of the time you wouldn’t use them, but its a nice thing to have the jacks for when you need them, which most handheld recorders seem to have a shortage of.

There’s nothing that I don’t personally like about the R-09HR, I even like the power source: Just a simple pair of AA batteries that last a LOT longer than you would expect for something like this. If you’re into recording music, this is definitely one of the better options to consider buying.

andy says :

Oh no. I misplaced the power supply, used an old one from the garage and blew something on my R-09HR. There is no power Anyone know where I can take it to fix. Have I done big damage? THanks

Faustie replies :

I think you’d really have to take it back to wherever you bought it, or failing that, a decent hardware store that specializes in electronics. Recording devices tend to be quite sensitive, and power supplies that are just slightly off can do some damage. However, it’s a good device and worth the effort to fix it, and who knows, you may have only blown a fuse. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I hope I’ve been of help.

Galega says :

You have done terrible mistake by inserting altogether different power supply. The extent of damage can’t be understood here. The device needs to be opened up by a professional. There isn’t as such any fuse to protect the vital part. Hope vital parts are still safe. In any case, you should visit the service center of Edirol and let them fix the problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162711903550430/k2311a1127/11.27.09