Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Mini Ui 3520  » Laptops  »
  • It is even more convenient to bring than my current laptop as it is half its size and way lighter
  • I like everything about this computer which not only looks cute but functions well
  • The only disadvantage is there is no DVD-RAM drive but this is such a small computer, there is really no other place to put it
  • I am definitely recommending this brand and model the next time you are in the market for a reasonably priced mini book which is functional and gives you no problems

• by bethbarl

This is the newest computer we have in the house as we need a portable one which we could use while travelling. It has an ergonomic design which makes it comfortable to take with me anywhere I go. It is even more convenient to bring than my current laptop as it is half its size and way lighter.

I just feel like I’m carrying a hard bound book. Windows XP is pre-installed which saves me the hassle of installing it.

I open the computer and I am

ready to start working immediately. The 2 USB ports are very handy if I need to connect it to a printer, a USB flash disk or even an external hard drive.

It has both LAN and wireless LAN which gives me instant access in the house where I have wireless or on the road where I can easily connect to what is available. If I get fed up with the small screen, I can also connect it to a VGA screen.

It has even a webcam and 2 ...

• digital microphones for use with a variety of multimedia applications. I like everything about this computer which not only looks cute but functions well.

It is also user friendly, I don’t have to be that computer savvy in order to understand how it works. The only disadvantage is there is no DVD-RAM drive but this is such a small computer, there is really no other place to put it.

As a solution, I use an external DVD writer when I need it. I was debating whether

to buy a Sony netbook which costs three times more or this mini computer which was only € 300.

I’m glad I made the right decision. This is a very good value computer which gives you all the functions of a regular laptop at half the price.

It is easy to use, works well, quickly and is very portable. I am definitely recommending this brand and model the next time you are in the market for a reasonably priced mini book which is functional and gives you no problems.

Tessa Westwood says :

I seem to have wireless connection problems. It connects and then loses the connection constantly. I ran a diagnostics test and it said the most likely problem is that a firewall client running on the machine is blo9cking the necessary ftp ports. How do I fix this problem? Norman Security Suite came with the laptop already installed. Can this be causing the firewall problem? Please assist. Thank you Tessa Westwood

bethbarl replies :

I use McAfee on this computer. I have wireless connection as well which comes and goes but I get a good connection most of the time. Why don`t you try contacting your service provider to see if they can check your connections? I`ve had the same with my Vaio not the Fujitsu and the connection would be lost every 5 minutes or so. It was a problem from the provider`s side. I also switch my netgear wireless router on and off just to get a better connection. It usually works as it seems the router is somehow stuck. If not, try also disabling the Norman Security Suite to see if you get a steady connection. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Norman Security Suite. Hope these will help Tessa but as I have mentioned, I am not that techno savvy.

alex stergio says :

I made format in my computer and now i can`t have a wireless connection.I don`t have the icon either to the tool bar.How can i reactivate it?must install a program?

bethbarl replies :

Why don t you try the start button? You should get the Bluetooth connection, Wireless connection and Show all connections. Even if you reformatted your computer, it should still be there If we are talking of the same computer, the wireless connection is automatically enabled as there is no switch to turn it on and off. If yours has one, you should check if it is not switched off. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Jules Li says :

Yes, you will have to re-install the wireless driver. You can install it from your disc if you have it. However, if you don’t you can download it online. The location would depend upon the manufacturer of the card. Just search for the model of the wireless card.

JEFFREY BOWD says :

HOW DO I CONNECT TO A TV USEING THE HDMI CABLE? I CONNECTED THE CABLE BUT NOTHING HAPPENS

Jules Li says :

Whenever you connect an external monitor or TV, you have to toggle the video from the internal screen to the external screen. To do so on this Fujitsu press the fn and the f7 key. This should work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632511903210430/k2311a1125/11.25.09