Silvan Sandwich Maker  » Housewares  »
  • For the price I paid, I find that this appliance has served my family’s sandwich needs relatively well

• by bethbarl

In the evenings, I usually serve a light supper for myself and the rest of my family as we normally eat a hearty lunch during the day. Light supper is synonymous with light salads and sandwiches.

For making these, I use my Silvan sandwich maker.

It is not such a big gadget and can just fit 4

small sandwiches.

Nonetheless, this is enough for my needs.

As it also makes the sandwiches quicker, I can always feed an extra batch of sandwiches for those who are still hungry.

This appliance helps me a lot in making my Croque Monsieur (ham and cheese), Croque Madame (salami) and tuna sandwiches quicker.

I just cut bread, slice ...

• cold cuts and cheese or open a tuna can.

I then put these directly on the sandwich press.

The results are always crunchy, cheesy and hot.

The only thing I don’t like about this appliance is that it has no thermostat knob and works on one temperature.

This is a minor inconvenience and does not detract

its capability of producing well-cooked, grilled sandwiches.

I have also no trouble cleaning the unit with just a damp cloth which I apply directly on the unit.

As it has a non stick coating, crusts and residues are not difficult to remove.

For the price I paid, I find that this appliance has served my family’s sandwich needs relatively well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532511903190430/k2311a1125/11.25.09