Compact Oxford Thesaurus book  » Books  »
  • This is convenient when you are looking for words
  • Although my laptop has an integrated dictionary/thesaurus, I prefer to look at a hard copy rather than finding words in separate windows
  • This Thesaurus cost me about $33.95 but it is a good investment

• by bethbarl

This Thesaurus has become a permanent fixture on my desk. Having a Thesaurus in addition to a dictionary is very practical as it allows me to write better while searching for words which I don’t want to repeat but has the same meaning.

It is a hard bound book which might be heavy to lift

unlike paperback ones.

But, it makes it easy to find the words as it has a bigger print and you can open the pages without the annoyance of putting something in between to keep it in a horizontal position.

This is convenient when you are looking for words.

Although it says it is a compact ...

• dictionary, I find that it is a very comprehensive one and has about 300,000 synonyms and antonyms.

That’s a lot of words and I am hardly at a loss for terms because I find so many which describe everything I want to write.

The color layout is very useful as it aids me in finding

words very easily without squinting.

Although my laptop has an integrated dictionary/thesaurus, I prefer to look at a hard copy rather than finding words in separate windows.

This Thesaurus cost me about $33.

95 but it is a good investment.

I have improved my writing a bit and even my children are using it for school.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172511903120430/k2311a1125/11.25.09