Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion  » Cosmetics  »
  • Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion I have quite fair skin which is nice on some people but I am afraid that I just look pasty, so I prefer to have a light tan if possible
  • I found the smell pleasant enough, which did not particularly smell of tanning lotion
  • I am sure that I noticed a little color in my skin after the second day of use, but definitely within a few days I could see a difference
  • This is the best moisturizing tanning lotion I have tried so far

• by jeanne71

Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion I have quite fair skin which is nice on some people but I am afraid that I just look pasty, so I prefer to have a light tan if possible. I cannot stand going for a sun bed session, especially now the weather has turned cold and you have to get naked in those cold little rooms in the salon. Also of course, there is the major health concern with using sun beds which puts me off from over doing those.

A friend told me about Summer Glow Body Lotion from Dove and said it was fantastic so I have tried it out with great results. This is a tanning moisturizer that promises

to start building a noticeably glowing tan after a few days.

I have used it for a week and I am really pleased with the results as it does actually look quite natural and my skin is not at all streaky.

I exfoliated before applying this lotion as I do have rough patches, for instance on my elbows, which have turned orange when I have tried this kind of tanning moisturizer before and which is not a good look.

You also must make sure you wash your hands after use, or leave some lotion on the back of your hands but you must wash it off your palms and in between your fingers. Anyway, I had no orange bits with ...

• this product.

It is a pale, creamy formula which you are best applying in circular motions evenly all over your body, but it takes a while to dry and you are advised not to get dressed until it is completely dry. This can take twenty to thirty minutes actually, depending on how thickly you apply it.

I found the smell pleasant enough, which did not particularly smell of tanning lotion. I am sure that I noticed a little color in my skin after the second day of use, but definitely within a few days I could see a difference.

You can buy Summer Glow for fair to medium coloring or medium to dark and I

obviously had the fair one which turned my skin a natural golden color that was thankfully not at all orange. My skin does feel very hydrated too so it works wonderfully as a moisturizer.

At £4. 89 from Boots, the price is not bad considering what you can pay at a salon for a spray tan or to use a sun bed.

My skin is sensitive but was in no way irritated by this product, probably due to the fact that it is dermatologically tested. A much healthier way to get a tan, which you can at least use to substitute some of your sessions at the salon.

This is the best moisturizing tanning lotion I have tried so far.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312511902990430/k2311a1125/11.25.09