Jobsdb.com  » Job  »
  • I like this site primarily because their list of job ads is very comprehensive and up-to-date

• by tsimon

Jobsdb. com is one of my trusted websites ever since I started job hunting. I like this site primarily because their list of job ads is very comprehensive and up-to-date.

The advanced search option is also a blessing for me. I appreciate the ability to get a listing that covers the kinds of jobs that I want, the preferred locations and even position.

This lessens my time weeding through page after page of

ads. While Jobsdb.

com shines in having an extremely comprehensive list for job hunters, the interface can use a bit of a makeover. I find their page rather cluttered and the fonts are too small (fyi: I’m working on a 13-inch laptop screen).

I guess that with all the data they receive, things will tend to look rather Spartan and simple. I tried using their “apply now” option –since most employers prefer ...

• this, instead of posting their own email address.

The cookie for the cover letter appears immediately. What I got was blank spaces, no “Dear Sir” template.

I got stuck in uploading the resume, though. I’m using Safari for internet browsing.

Somehow, the website kept telling me that the filename for my resume was “too long”. I whittled the filename down to just my first name initial and last name –a total of

just six characters, but I still got the “too long” warning.

This made me quit the whole exercise. I guess this was a sign for me to create an account, which I wasn’t too keen on doing.

I guess I’ll be going back to this website often for the latest job ads, but I won’t be applying through it. I’ll be sticking to the old-fashioned way of using my own email address.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 62511902800330/k2311a1125/11.25.09