Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 3  » Movies  »
  • The animation is much better this time in the episode, even though I prefer the more realistic style of the original series, it’s nice to see the manga version of what happened, there’s a little more humor this time around
  • It will be very interesting next spring when the English dub is released on DVD
  • So far, I love Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, it’s just as fun revisiting a familiar series, as it was when I watched the first Fullmetal Alchemist
  • I believe fans will be pleased with the remake, I enjoyed it

• by ReViewMeMedia

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood’s third episode may feel very nostalgic to viewers who watched the first Fullmetal Alchemist series. The Elric Brothers are in the town of Liore, investigating Father Cornello and his “miraculous works” that he performs with what appears to be a Philosopher’s Stone, the legendary amplifier that Ed and Al are looking for to restore their bodies to normal.

time around. There’s also a surprising twist with Cornello’s death that I won’t give away. The first two episodes from the last series are condensed into one episode this time, with all the original dialogue from the manga in the episode. It will be very interesting next spring when the English dub is released on DVD. I had a hard time reading the subtitles when there were multiple subtitles on the screen.

So far, I love Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, it’s just as fun revisiting a familiar series, as it was when I watched the first Fullmetal Alchemist.

• I believe fans will be pleased with the remake, I enjoyed it. I hope the English dub will be just as good.

An interesting addition occurs when Ed confronts Cornello and transmutes the giant statue of Leto. The Philosopher’s Stone causes the priest to turn into a monstrous behemoth that resembles the Incredible Hulk and adds an interesting element to the episode that I didn’t expect. I thought it was an interesting development.

I love this episode, it was even better than the last series; I liked how it condensed two episodes into one and did an excellent

job. The animation was beautiful and the music was excellent. This episode was very entertaining and enjoyable. It sets the stage for everything that’s going to happen later on and introduces the Homunculi and hints at the mysterious man behind the curtain “Father”. I love this episode and it’s not to be missed.

Funimation is streaming Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in Japanese with English subtitles on their website; each new episode is uploaded to their site four days after it airs in Japan. Since Japan airs them on Sundays, Funimation uploads it on Thursday at 10:00 AM, Central Time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112511902780330/k2311a1125/11.25.09