CSI Las Vegas Episode 8, Season 10  » TV  »
  • Well I think it’s back on track again, with Fishburne starting to feel at home, and the rest of the cast with him
  • This episode around, the whodunit gets just as interesting as the howdunit, which is a reversal from the show’s previous slant
  • At first, I thought I wouldn’t like this episode, but I just went along with my gut instinct
  • I agree, no woman in her right mind would destroy a Gucci bag like that, which offered clues as to the real killer
  • I would recommend this episode as a watch, why it’s entertaining

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I just watched the latest episode of CSI, short for Crime Scene Investigation, which in 2007 was the most watched show in the whole world with 84 million viewers. And after chief honcho Grissom had left the scene, it’s still going strong.

At first, I didn’t think that Laurence Fishburne as the replacement for Grissom wasn’t going to work, because in Season 9, right about when the old man left, the whole season was shaky almost as if it lost its identity.

Well I think it’s back on track again, with Fishburne starting to feel at home, and the rest of the cast with him. Episode 8 of Season 10 had this family

quality about it, especially since obviously, this has been the goal of the scriptwriters all along.

It seemed that somebody was smart enough to substitute a bowling ball with a severed human head, throwing a terrorizing prank on the two top bowlers who were competing for a national prize. This episode around, the whodunit gets just as interesting as the howdunit, which is a reversal from the show’s previous slant.

On the other hand, the episode just came back to the usual setup where two crimes are being processed, which may be related thematically or even criminally. In this case, it was thematically, else the two cases had nothing to do with each ...

• other. The only link was really Fishburne’s character, which showed him to be very thorough so he sometimes he comes late for the CSI team’s own bowling show.

So I get it that Season 10 of CSI is still about Fisburne’s character building. Obviously, this is what the show is all about, and even ultimately at that. Even the dependable Sarah had been called for assistance again, giving Fishburne extra credibility, after all the old man handpicked him.

At first, I thought I wouldn’t like this episode, but I just went along with my gut instinct. Sooner or later, the original CSI franchise just throws a curbed ball right at me.

Not that I didn’t like the sport of bowling, but I somehow having a bowling party or game after solving the case just didn’t fly well with me.

I liked the detail about the Gucci bag that was torn in half, and it really shed light on a woman’s character. I agree, no woman in her right mind would destroy a Gucci bag like that, which offered clues as to the real killer. I would recommend this episode as a watch, why it’s entertaining. It seems lately that CSI Las Vegas, or the original, never seems to disappoint.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102411902410730/k2311a1124/11.24.09