Micronet Computers in Surrey, Canada  » Computers  »
10252 135 Street, Surrey, British Columbia, V3T 4C2
  • It’s obviously owned, or maybe just operated by an East Indian guy who at one time I found it hard to explain what I was looking for
  • I was sorry that I think I shouted at him for not understanding English, but he took it constructively
  • Of course, that already includes the printing cost
  • Of course, I would still recommend that you bring a wet wipe along, because you’ll never know who used the computer last

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

This is another thriving local business in my area. This small establishment, is located in a very busy area near downtown Surrey. Lots of people pass by here from morning till sundown. It is part and parcel of a strip mall that faces the Surrey Central Sky Train, Vancouver and the its suburbs’ main mass transportation system.

First, Micronet sells used computers. It’s obviously owned, or maybe just operated by an East Indian guy who at one time I found it hard to explain what I was looking for. I was sorry that I think I shouted at him for not understanding English, but he took it constructively. As a matter of fact, I would drop by his store every now and then to look at

his latest stock of refurbished computers.

There are all kinds, from the really very old to almost new desktop computers. But wait, this guy also has computers dedicated for word processing, and mostly Internet access. I had tried Micronet’s Internet access a number of times and its speed is pretty decent. One hour surfing is about $2.50.

Next door, in the convenience store, there are coin-operated Internet stations, still people flock to Micronet maybe because it’s quieter. After all, the convenience store has people coming and going almost non-stop. Relatively, it’s cheaper to surf at the convenience store. But it only has three computers, while Micronet has about ten stations available at any given time.

This place also sells a wide variety of computer and cellular phone gadgets, including printing services straight ...

• from the computer. I’d had my some documents printed out here before and it’s not bad, two or three pages is only a dollar and a half.

Faxing is also cost effective; I could even send faxes here to international destinations. I think the last time, I was charged about $2.50 for a one-page fax to Pittsburg. Of course, that already includes the printing cost.

This is a good business, judging from the amount of people who use Micronet’s services, me included. The caretaker seems nice, doesn’t say much, but can be very helpful.

I think he keeps his computers in decent shape, because I don’t see any mess around. Of course, I would still recommend that you bring a wet wipe along, because you’ll never know who used

the computer last. It’s just like eating out, you can’t be too careful when using services like computers, especially with the swine flu pandemic and all.

It would probably be a nice idea, I think, if this guy turned his Internet work stations into an Internet café of sorts. But then again, it just might contribute to a messy situation, so forget that I ever said that.

I would still recommend this store to people who have no Internet on their cell phones or their homes. It sure beats having to cross the street and using the free Internet access offered by the local public library. If you relied on that, I could assure you, you could be waiting for hours!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 192411902400730/k2311a1124/11.24.09