Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Old Tawny Port  » Other  »
  • I like it after dinner, either by itself or with stilton, (a blue cheese), or a cheese plate, a dessert which the Italians, Spanish and Portuguese eat often instead of sweets after a meal
  • I would highly recommend that anyone who enjoys port, sherry and that type of alcoholic beverage should definitely try Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Old Tawny Port

• by Jessie Bahrey

I became a big fan of port only after I tried Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Old Tawny Port a few years ago. Before trying this brand, I felt about port the same way I felt about brandy and sherry-sometimes, having a good quality glass was a nice treat and change of pace, but I didn’t go out of my way to either buy it or drink it.

I don’t generally like sweet, thick liquors or liqueurs, and many of them taste like syrup to me and are anything but refreshing.

I also found that to find one of these drinks that I actually liked, I had to spend a lot

of money, because the only ones that were any good are the most expensive ones.

This opinion changed completely when my husband bought a bottle of Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Old Tawny Port a couple of Christmases ago, and I have become a frequent drinker of it since then.

It is not even the most expensive port you can find, although it is up there at about $50 a bottle, but it is worth it and I certainly savour it when I do splurge and buy it.

I find it very hard to describe the sensation of taste in words.

The taste of this port is sweet without being too ...

• sweet, and while it has a thicker texture than wine, it is not as thick as syrup.

It is great to sip, but it has such a great flavour that I find it hard to sip very slowly.

It has a slightly smoky, deep, and rich flavour and a great scent as well.

It is not one of those drinks, like some scotches and brandies, that makes my eyes water a bit when I take a deep smell or drink.

sweets after a meal.

I find that while this port is filling and works well as a dessert cocktail, it is not so filling that it makes you too full after a big meal, so I would not hesitate to have a glass even if you are very full.

I would highly recommend that anyone who enjoys port, sherry and that type of alcoholic beverage should definitely try Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Old Tawny Port.

It is great! They also make a 10 year old port, which is not nearly as good, and a 40 year old, which is too expensive for me, but I do plan on trying it some day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122411902270730/k2311a1124/11.24.09