Nestle Coffee Mate  » Food  »
  • I like drinking a lot of coffee and I always keep a tub of Nestle Coffee Mate in the cupboard for those times when I am running low on milk to put it my coffee
  • As the label claims, Coffee Mate does enhance the flavor of coffee and it is the best coffee whitener I know of

• by jeanne71

I like drinking a lot of coffee and I always keep a tub of Nestle Coffee Mate in the cupboard for those times when I am running low on milk to put it my coffee. I do like Coffee Mate but as I drink several cups of coffee every day I do find that if I have Coffee Mate in every cup it does become somewhat sickly.

Most people drink less coffee than me though and for the

occasional cup it is a very pleasant coffee whitener.

It is a cream colored powder and according to the label, you are supposed to use two heaped teaspoons to whiten your coffee.

I personally find this is too much and makes it too creamy so I add a teaspoon and a half which is perfect for my taste.

The powder dissolves very easily with a good stir, unlike some powdered milks I have tried in the past which leave ...

• lumps floating in your drink.

It gives your coffee a lovely creamy taste which, as I say, can be a little too creamy if you overdo it.

I looked at the ingredients and was surprised at how much goes into it; glucose syrup, vegetable oil, milk proteins etc.

It says for every 6.

5g serving, which I presume is the two teaspoons they are referring to, it contains 36 calories which, if I am not mistaken, makes Coffee

Mate lower in fat than milk.

I always buy this from Wilkinsons as they have 266g tubs (with re-sealable lids) for only 99 pence, but that includes 33% extra free.

This is quite good value and long lasting as the tub I have just bought has a ‘best before’ date of over three months away.

As the label claims, Coffee Mate does enhance the flavor of coffee and it is the best coffee whitener I know of.

Nestle Coffee Mate

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272411902050730/k2311a1124/11.24.09