Cedarlane Mushroom and Monterey Jack Cheese Tamales  » Food  »
1.0
  • This, unfortunately, makes the tamales, for the most part, bland
  • Between the flavorless mushrooms and sauce, these tamales really have very little to offer me and that is why I definitely will not be purchasing them again

• by GenesisOne

I knew that I should not bother purchasing the Cedarlane Mushroom and Monterey Jack Cheese Tamales. I had a feeling I was not going to like what these tamales had to offer. Yet, I did, and it goes to show that I should have stuck with my gut.

The reason I had a bad feeling about this frozen dinner is the mushrooms. Now mushrooms, I will eat, but

to me, mushrooms just do not seem to have very much to offer when it comes to flavor.

I find mushrooms to be, to put it bluntly, bland. They offer little taste and so whether they are included on or in something, I usually do not care.

Now in the case of these tamales, the mushrooms are a major component. They are a prominent part of the tamales.

...

• This, unfortunately, makes the tamales, for the most part, bland. They are more filling than they are flavorful, really.

What does help a little is the Monterey Jack Cheese, but eating basically dough and cheese does not help to make for a real enjoyable meal. There is a sauce that covers the top of the tamales, but it is as bland as the mushrooms are.

It is supposed

to be a roasted pepper sauce, but I can taste very little pepper flavor and I would have much preferred actual peppers. I had hoped that maybe these natural and organic mushrooms would offer more flavor than regular mushrooms, but unfortunately, I was wrong.

Between the flavorless mushrooms and sauce, these tamales really have very little to offer me and that is why I definitely will not be purchasing them again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272411902020630/k2311a1124/11.24.09