Cedarlane Spinach and Monterey Jack Cheese Tamales  » Food  »
  • The spinach used in these tamales is quite delicious
  • It is Monterey Jack cheese, so it has a little bit of a bite to it and I think it goes well with the spinach

• by GenesisOne

While the Cedarlane Spinach and Monterey Jack Cheese Tamales are not exactly what I would call a meal in itself, they sure are tasty! The spinach used in these tamales is quite delicious! It is fresh and crisp and strong in taste, too! Plus, they did not go easy on the spinach! There is a lot of it packed into these long and thin tamales. One

of the things that is intermixed with the spinach is the cheese.

It is Monterey Jack cheese, so it has a little bit of a bite to it and I think it goes well with the spinach.

It is thick and gooey, too.

It is tough call as to which of the two, the cheese or the spinach, leaves a stronger aftertaste in my mouth! While ...

• the tamales are tasty, I cannot say that I am as wild about the sauce used on top of them.

The sauce is supposed to convey the flavor of roasted peppers, but I really, really wish that instead of adding a roasted peppers sauce that actual roasted peppers would have been used and included with the spinach cheese.

That would have been incredibly tasty and much

more preferable to the sauce that is used, which I find to be rather dull and forgettable.

The sauce simply does not convey the flavor of roasted peppers too well at all.

Oh well, the company did get two out of three things right about this frozen meal, and for that, I am grateful and I will still purchase the tamales and enjoy them quite a lot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272411902010630/k2311a1124/11.24.09