PQI Flash Disk  » Electronics  »
  • I didn’t encounter any problem or interruption while transferring files
  • It did not even read by my PC so I decided to unplug it and when I touched it, it was so hot considering I just plug it for a minute or two
  • I considered buying a PQI since it was cheaper compared to other flash disk brand but after that happened to my cousin’s flash disk, I prefer other brand

• by carpediem

A couple of months ago my cousin bought a flash disk called PQI model U172P. It is a good 2GB flash disk for his computer which I borrowed for a couple of days because I need to save my computer files before I reformat it. The PQI U172P flash disk is pretty good and fast on transferring files from my computer to the flash disk and vice versa. I didn’t encounter any problem or interruption while transferring files.

My computer OS is Windows XP and PQI works well with my computer. Other OS PQI works well are: Windows, Mac and Linux and doesn’t need driver for Windows 2000 and up. The transparent cap or lid of the PQI traveling disk U172P fits well protecting it from dirt.

My cousin’s

PQI U172P flash disk is trendy in its metallic gold color housing and pretty small too that can fit in the pants small front pocket. Since it was so small, it could be easily loss if it don’t have a strap on it so searched for a necklace id strap at home because it does not have one which most flash disk have that comes along in the package.

After I used it for a couple of days I returned it to my cousin in perfect condition so he will lend it to me again next time I will need it. I was surprised when I was borrowing it again when he told me it does not work anymore. I said it could be infected with virus ...

• and I’ll just reformat it again but he said it over heat. I can’t help but laugh when I heard it, taught it was a joke but it is not. It was the first time I heard that a traveling disk overheated so I insist that I will try to use it in my computer and see if it will over heat like what he said.

And so I turned on my computer and plug the PQI traveling disk U172P in my PC and wait but it didn’t work. It did not even read by my PC so I decided to unplug it and when I touched it, it was so hot considering I just plug it for a minute or two. Maybe there was something broken

inside of it though my cousin said he never dropped it nor I accidentally drop it. I told my cousin to get it back to where he bought it since it is still covered within the warranty. The store management just repaired it and it still works fine up to this day. No overheating whatsoever.

I considered buying a PQI since it was cheaper compared to other flash disk brand but after that happened to my cousin’s flash disk, I prefer other brand. I have known other people use PQI brand disk and may be my cousin’s case is rare and it was a factory defect nevertheless it should have high quality and should not be in the market if it has defects in the firs place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162411901830630/k2311a1124/11.24.09