Philips VCR VR879CC/58  » Electronics  »
  • It is the only way for me to record and keep the shows I love

• by bethbarl

Maybe, VCRs have become outdated but I’m glad I still have one. Some of my kids’ favorite shows were recorded on cassette tapes. I have several ones which I keep myself.

This recorder is easy to connect and use. It also comes with a remote control which is easy to manipulate.

I find that this is not simply a recording machine which plays back VHS tapes. It has a whole lot other functions which

make it simple and a pleasure to use.

Using the Digital Studio Picture Control, playback is a high quality because the pictures come out clear and sharp with less interference in the background. My VCR has also a Smart Picture function which gives me choices during playback.

It is also quite versatile with its easy link function which allows me to plug it directly to my TV which in turn, is connected to the ...

• PVR/decoder. I can actually put my favorite shows directly on a VHS and free up space on the hard disk of my decoder.

I can also transfer all the channels on my TV directly to my recorder which eliminates the use of 2 remote controls at the same time. Lastly, it has a turbo drive function which makes rewinding times shorter (no need for a separate rewinder) and is pretty smart as it

recognizes automatically the tape length.

All in all, I still use and need this VCR in the house. It is the only way for me to record and keep the shows I love.

Even if the PVR is there, if my subscription is not active, I would not be able to access my recorded shows whereas having them on VHS will allow me to watch them irrespective of whether I have paid my cable or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162411901600630/k2311a1124/11.24.09