Senator Manny Villar  » Local news  »
2.5
  • I know that he is innocent until proven guilty but his reaction of brushing off the issues is a puzzle to me
  • It was as if he was trying to evade questions regarding the issue
  • By now, I think his campaign spending has reached 9 digits already

• by sugar rush

Senator Manny Villar is one of the most controversial Senators of the Philippines now. Not only because he is seeking the presidency in the forthcoming 2010 national elections but because of the hullabaloo on the C-5 road in Las PiƱas.

I used to admire Senator Villar for his accomplishments in government. I marveled at his rags to riches life story. When the C5 controversy came out, my respect for him somehow diminished. I know that he is innocent until proven guilty but his reaction

of brushing off the issues is a puzzle to me.

With the roller coaster state of the current administration, I want the next President of the Republic of the Philippines to be transparent and responsible. It was a mystery to me why Senator Villar did not participate in the presidential debates set earlier on. This was when the C5 controversy was at its peak. It was as if he was trying to evade questions regarding the issue. Among all the presidential aspirants, he ...

• is the first to declare his intentions. He also started his campaign prematurely as he was trying to overtake everyone else. By now, I think his campaign spending has reached 9 digits already. I do not think that he is playing the election game fairly. To me, his actions are a sheer disregard and disrespect of the laws. If Senator Villar is above the law now, I do not see any reason why he would follow and implement the law when gets elected
        to the highest position in the land. He appears as if he is too desperate to become President that he has set aside everything else. His mind is dead set on the elections that he does not care if he steps on anybody just to get his dream. With his actions/reactions, he does not have my vote for the coming elections. I think with all that he has spent in his campaign, he will just steal them back from the Filipinos when he gets elected.

Senator Manny Villar

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 362411901280530/k2311a1124/11.24.09