AIR BRUSH TAN
  • Last night, I had my first experience with an air brush tanning system
  • I waited until I had seen my adult son's air brush tan that was done by Denise, before I decided if I wanted to try this
  • Truly, since I do not need nylons, having my legs totally bronzed looking, I think I paid for the entire air brushing with the money I will not be spending on nylons to wear to work
  • Some people, I notice, have a little spin on getting an air brush tan that could be kind of fun
  • I appreciate the wonderful job that Denise did for me, and recommend her to all of you

• by covenly1
      Last night, I had my first experience with an air brush tanning system. I grew up in Southern California, where such a thought would have seemed silly, at that time, for me. Now, I actually wish that this type of tan HAD been available for me, when I remember how many hours I did lie in the sun, ruining my skin, in order to get that perfect tan!

I went to Scandals Beauty Shop in Eureka, CA. (521 6th Street). I had heard great things about Denise, the beautician who actually does the air brushing at this shop. Denise has a running schedule of air brush tanning the Chip & Dale men who come to perform in this area. I can understand why she is so popular, now that I have had the experience of her air brushing my body!

My tan turned out perfectly even, with not even a tiny bit of orange tint to it.

I mention an orange tint, as the other people, I’ve seen in this area, who to go to other shops to have the air brush tanning done, end up having orange tints to their skin! I did not want an orange tint of any type to be sprayed onto my skin! I waited until I had seen my adult son’s air brush tan that was done by Denise, before I decided if I wanted to try this. My son’s ‘tan’ is gorgeous! It is entirely evenly dispersed, with a perfect golden tan that he would get had he been to Maui, lately!

This is how it works: One takes a good bath before

going to the shop. While bathing, one should use beauty products that are granular, and really slough off dead skin. (I used a brush on my skin, Apricot Scrub on my face, and a skin scrub all over my body…. using a soft brush). Be sure that you have removed all makeup and all jewelry.

Put on clothing that is loose, and will allow your bronzing portion of the air brushing to not be rubbing against your skin. (I wore my loose p. j. bottoms and a top that allowed my arms and neck area to be uncovered. ). So, there you are, getting all prepared! What comes next? Next, you go to the beauty shop, and you will be called in to have your air brushing done.

Decide before you go, how much of your body area you want to have done. (I was air brushed with only a thong on my entire body). Many people have the entire body done. Once inside the air brushing room, the air brusher explains that you should wipe your entire body with the moist alcohol sloughing towelettes that are provided for you. Then, the air brush person comes back into the room to give you a terrific tan. The air brush user must be very adept at what he/she is doing, or your tan can end up uneven and not pretty at all.

Be certain that you have seen at least one person who has used the beautician you are thinking of using, before you choose that person to use the air brush on you! This air brushing process may take 20 to 25 minutes ...

• to complete. After that, you get dressed, you go home!

Once you DO go home, remember, NOT to bathe until the next day. Give your ‘tan’ time to ’set’. After that time, remember that beauty, cleansing products that have a high amount of mineral oil and/or petroleum based ingredients, will shorten the life span of your tan. Just use water to wash up the following morning, and you will be fine! You may use soaps and such, but, limit those that DO have the mineral oil or petroleum based products listed first in their ingredients. Moisture will keep your ‘tan’ lasting longer!

I am really glad that I had this done.

I am amazed at how much whiter my teeth look……. amazed that my weight appears more appropriate for me…………. and that I do not need makeup on my face as cover-up. If your self esteem needs a booster shot, this is perfect for a man or a woman. I was surprised just how much prettier I felt after getting this air brush tan! Truly, since I do not need nylons, having my legs totally bronzed looking, I think I paid for the entire air brushing with the money I will not be spending on nylons to wear to work!

Some people, I notice, have a little spin on getting an air brush tan that could be kind of fun. This is to use cut outs on your bare skin, that will be left on your skin only as the ‘not tanned’ portion of your skin……….

(after you remove the cut outs)…. giving a personal ‘faux tatoo’ that expresses your personality even

more! Ideas are endless, here……. do you gamble? how about 777? Do you really like hummingbirds, butterflies, or something else that just seems to be your idea of a fun thing to ‘wear’? In about 3 weeks, I will return to have another air brushing done. When I do, I am thinking of putting an angel cut out on my right shoulder during the air brushing. When the air brushing is done, I will have the whiter looking angel there, but, I won’t have a tatoo (I don’t want anything that is permanent to be put onto my skin). This allows you many chances to change your ‘mood’, and not have a tatoo that is there to stay!

I recommend the air brush tanning system, only when done by a professional who knows what he/she is doing.

I realize that in my rural area, the prices can be as high as $100 to get this done. Denise is no where near that price. Since her prices could change by the time you read this review, I will only say that five of us could have had it done when I did for $100. (Can you say BIG HINT?). For many people living on the outskirts of Eureka, the price of driving into Eureka to have Denise do their air brushing is a good deal. Why have it done by someone you cannot really trust to do an excellent job, pay them MORE for the job, and come out of the shop with an uneven, orange ‘tan’? That is not for me.

I appreciate the wonderful job that Denise did for me, and recommend her to all of you!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430990100530/k2311a093/9.3.06