Snickers Bar  » Food  »
  • I think they are worth the money, especially if you want something really satisfying rather than just a little nibble
  • They consist of a chewy, thick layer of peanut butter nougat with caramel and peanuts on top of that and the whole thing is coated in delicious milk chocolate
  • I personally enjoy a tough, chewy chocolate bar and I like to keep my Snickers in the fridge so they get really tough

• by jeanne71

I would not like to guess how many Snickers chocolate bars I have bought in my lifetime, but they are an absolute classic. As a Brit, I defiantly continued to refer to them as ‘Marathons’ for ages after the name was changed in 1990 as they were so familiar to me as Marathons, but I have now got used to it.

If I am really hungry and it is going to be a while before I have a meal I would more likely go

for a Snickers as they are a pretty substantial size and are very filling.

You can usually buy them for under 50 pence and I recently bought one for 41 pence in Tesco.

I think they are worth the money, especially if you want something really satisfying rather than just a little nibble.

They consist of a chewy, thick layer of peanut butter nougat with caramel and peanuts on top of that and the whole thing is coated in delicious milk chocolate.

...

• They are a good size and are quite thick.

Snickers are quite tough to bite a chunk out of, obviously less so the warmer they are.

I personally enjoy a tough, chewy chocolate bar and I like to keep my Snickers in the fridge so they get really tough.

As you bite a chunk off, you get the lovely thick milk chocolate, the chewy nougat and a good few peanuts in caramel and the caramel stretches out as it is quite soft.

I think

this is a tasty combination and I am chewing for ages and I like the way the peanuts get stuck in my teeth personally.

Of course, it has the drawback of having over 300 calories but it is a substantial chocolate bar so I only have it has a treat once or twice a month.

Snickers have been around since 1930 and I can understand why as they are a classic chocolate bar which does not have any rivals that I can think of.

Daniel Lafontant says :

Snickers Will never Die
    If I told you that you could start a business and then in less than a decade your product would sell in almost every convenient store, gas station, shopping Mall and be found in almost every food store in the country, that would probably be good enough for some people. In addition to that what if I also told you that your company would be making $ 2 Billion dollars in sales anually by selling their product at price of 90 cents to $ 1.10 a piece you would probably tell me I’m crazy. But that’s exactly what the Snickers brand and company has done in the past 40 years. Snickers is probably the most beloved candy bar in American history. It is the candy bar that no one is afraid to eat. Everyone knows how it tastes, every nationality, race, gender, ethnicity has consumed and eaten it. Why? Because you can never go wrong when you simply have an awesome product that everyone likes. Snickers is the most delicious, mouth watering and hunger satisfying candy bar out there. Its better than
    Baby Ruth and Butterfinger, and any other candy bar that tries to rival it or compare to it makes the discussion laughable.
    The thing that sets them apart from others is the way its shaped with the beautifully placed chocolate ridges or valleys on top of the bar and the triangular designs on the bottom. This detail is a thing of beauty. Another notable fact is that early on in the products distribution period they’ve always stuck with milk chocolate as opposed to dark chocolate as the outer coating. This proved to be a very shrewd and intelligent decision on their behalf because of the simple fact that milk chocolate tastes way better than dark chocolate in my opinion. The milk chocolate is so delicious as it melts in your mouth as you chew on the wonderful nougat and caramel. No one gets tired of eating them. I have been eating Snickers eversince I was a young boy. This company has a product that will never go away for the next hundred years. It will still exist in stores I believe even when I’m gone. It is the greatest American Candy bar of our time and I would recommend it to anyone and
    everyone. I absolutely love it. It’s so deeply understood to be good that most Americans take it for granted.

Alyssa halvorsen says :

re : I personally enjoy a tough, chewy chocolate bar and I like to keep my Snickers in the fridge so they get really tough
    I have to agree totally with this cause I love Snickers so much an just the way you described Snickers to be tough, chewy,along with all the Carmel an chocolate made me crave one so bad right now. Snickers are so sweet an good

Maria says :

Although I came from a long line of diabetics, I am never tired of eating Snickers.You are right that one can instantly crave for it just by thinking about the sweet taste of caramel and chocolate. The calories may be high, but the satisfaction one gets from eating Snickers more than compensates for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272111900700730/k2311a1121/11.21.09