Hyospasmol Syrup 100 ml  » Medicine  »
2.3
  • When I took her to the clinic for this specific problem, the doctor prescribed Hyospasmol syrup
  • In addition, I have read so many counter-indications or possible side effects I was really afraid she would experience any one of those

• by bethbarl

My daughter sometimes complains of stomach cramps. To my mind, perhaps as a result of drinking too much soda, stress at school, the acidity levels in her stomach are high leading to aches and cramps. When I took her to the clinic for this specific problem, the doctor prescribed Hyospasmol syrup.

This syrup is in a green/white bottle and is manufactured by Aspen PharmaCare. Each 5 ml contains Hyoscine-N-butyl bromide.

Frankly, I have no clue what

this means or what it serves but upon reading the enclosed leaflet which I always do before administering any kind of medication on my kids, I read that it is supposed to be an antispasmodic medication and will act on the gastro-intestinal and urinary walls. Fine.

I gave this medication to my daughter as recommended which was once a day (10 ml) or as necessary. The taste of this syrup is the usual - gross and ...

• unpalatable.

However, it did seem to work on the stomach cramps of my daughter. It was not necessary to continue with this medication after 2 days.

I was very relieved that she was responding well to Hyospasmol (no wonder the name is like this) because I am not too comfortable giving medicines to my kids for longer periods. In addition, I have read so many counter-indications or possible side effects I was really afraid she would experience

any one of those.

But she did not, probably also because it was not used for long. Overall, this seems to be a good medication for providing relief from gastro-intestinal spasms and pain.

When I say “seems” it is because my daughter responded quickly to this medication in a very short period of time. Every child is different and I guess it will be up to the doctor to decide which medication is best suited for gastro-intestinal cramps and spasms.

Nokubeka says :

I jus baught this product but wat i have noticed is that my baby is giving out a green toilete….so i wana know if its the right thing for the baby?

Galega says :

This medicine is considered safe for kids. There should not be any problem if given under medical supervision. Green toilet isn’t a documented side effect of this medicine. If it continues, you should consult a doctor.

Riaan says :

Thanks for making the time to write, my son is 3 and has not done number 2 for a week now and has light pains just below the chest on the uper part of the tummy is it safe to give this medicine

Galega says :

This medicine is safe for 3 year old kid. But, in the case of your son, you don’t know exactly what the problem is. Self medication to a kid can be dangerous. Please consult a pediatrician and discuss these concerns.

Delicia says :

My baby is 1 year old, she always contract her stomach and cry. when shes sleeping she jump on her sleep and crying. Can i use this medicine for my baby

Galega says :

This medicine can be given to a 1 year old baby. There is no problem.

But, you must first speak to a pediatrician. You should have some idea about the root cause of the problem. Is there any stomach cramp, or your baby is having stomach upsets? The doctor will prescribe this medicine or other as per requirements after proper diagnosis.

Self medication on such a little baby is not recommended (at least for the first time).

phumla says :

I jst bought this medicine bt my child its just 21days old n suffered when go to toilet I don’tknknow mst I use it o wait plz help as for now she is crying

Galega says :

Your child is only 21 days old. Hope you have bought this medicine on the prescription of a doctor. If not, immediately do that. It is a very good medicine for kids suffering from stomach cramps. The reason behind your child’s incessant cry can be stomach pain. But, there can be other reason also. That’s why it is necessary to first go for proper diagnosis.

Zethu says :

does the medicine help for the 5yr old?

Galega says :

Yes, this medicine is safe for 5 years old kid and also highly effective. You can give it.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262111900590730/k2311a1121/11.21.09