Scorbex Vitamin C 500 mg  » Health  »
  • I have been taking vitamin C since I was in high school primarily because I believe that this is the best way to guarantee that I get the daily recommended dosage of this vitamin

• by bethbarl

I have been taking vitamin C since I was in high school primarily because I believe that this is the best way to guarantee that I get the daily recommended dosage of this vitamin. Depending on where I am and what is available locally, I have used different brands.

Scorbex Vitamin C is my preferred brand for 3 years now.

It is

available as a 250 or 500 mg tablet.

I use the 500 mg so that I can take it only once without taking 2 tablets in order to reach 500 mg a day.

Scorbex costs about $7 per 100 tablets which is a reasonable price.

I mean you could hardly buy $7 worth of fruits of vegetables to generate an equivalent ...

• of 50000 mg of vitamin C.

For me, this is certainly a reasonable amount to pay.

As to its performance and effect, first of all for someone who does not like taking any syrup or even fizzy tablets and powder, this is a perfect form for me.

Second, taking 500 mg or 1000 mg a day is enough to keep me from

getting colds, coughs and any other form of illness, I hardly get sick for as long as I have ascorbic acid supplements daily.

This is the biggest benefit this product brings to me.

Once I forget to take ascorbic acid for 5 days in a row, then I start getting colds and sore throat problems.

For me, prevention is way better than taking medication.

bethbarl replies :

I think so, yes. To be on the safe side, consult your gynecologist.

Emily Sanchez says :

Are they to be chewed or swallowed?

Christiano James says :

Your choice. if you want to chew , chew it which many dont recommend or swallow it. Coz you might face the taste issue while chewing it.

Galega says :

Scorbex is supposed to be swallowed with water. There is no point in chewing it.

In fact, all Vitamin C supplements are swallowed. It is recommended for better absorption, and in extension for expected result.

sithembiso says :

are they safe to take during pregnancy ?

John says :

Yes. There is actually more of a need for vitamin C during pregnancy.

Galega says :

No. You are not expected to take high doses of Vitamin C during pregnancy. Your gynecologist will prescribe you the right dose of multivitamins, including vitamin C that you need. Never take over the counter product during this stage.

High dose of Vitamin C can result into preterm birth. And, 500 mg in a single day is really a high dose.

jennifer Davis says :

Hi vitamin C is safe to take during pregnancy but only in certain doseages. Because you are likely also on prenatal vitamins, vitamin C toxicity becomes a real threat if you are not careful. To be sure whether or not you can take it you should first seek the guidance of your OBGYN. Then if given the okay, you should only take vitamin C in small doses. I took vitamin C once daily in a 25mg chewable because I kept getting colds.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342111900470730/k2311a1121/11.21.09