Goody Styling Therapy Brush for Dry, Flaky Scalp  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I bought this brush for $10 at London Drugs, thinking that it would work for me
  • This brush is a big bogus, it never solved my dandruff problem at all
  • What I like about it is the way it gives my scalp a good rub when I use it, it really feels good
  • After all my experience trying a great variety of remedies, I can safely conclude that dandruff is not caused by a fungi
  • Now this Goody copper brush is not entirely useless, I can still use it to brush my hair, but I know now that it’s not the solution

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I bought this brush for $10 at London Drugs, thinking that it would work for me. What got my attention was it said, “copper infused” in the label. It also explains that copper fights the fungi that cause dandruff, and that the brush should be used two or three times daily.

Well I tried this brush for two months, and I have to conclude that this doesn’t work. This brush is a big bogus, it never solved my dandruff problem at all.

What I like about it is the way it gives my scalp a good rub when I use it, it really feels good. But its claims of getting rid of dandruff are so

far fetched. Now I can safely conclude that copper infusion just doesn’t prevent dandruff.

After all my experience trying a great variety of remedies, I can safely conclude that dandruff is not caused by a fungi. For fungi to develop and multiply in the scalp, there has to be a lot of moisture. Now the real cause of dandruff is that the scalp gets so dry that the skin covering the scalp becomes flaky and thus, break away.

It’s really simple. There’s really no microorganisms involved, at least from my experience. The bottom-line is it was showering excessively in hot water that exacerbated my dandruff situation. Now that I shower my scalp with ...

• cool to cold water, turning off the hot water knob completely, my dandruff problem has been effectively resolved.

In fact, I don’t even need Nioxin therapy, I just use regular, cheap shampoo and conditioner these days and it does the job. Sometimes, you have to consult experts or try on different products to solve one’s personal maladies. Other times, we have to trust our own instincts, and find out how things work from trial and error.

No doctor or hair expert could tell me the true path to solving the dandruff problem, I had to find out for myself. Now this Goody copper brush is not entirely useless, I can still use it to brush my

hair, but I know now that it’s not the solution.

I would have returned this product to London Drugs, but on second thought, I already used it for two months. I was tempted to use this brush from time to time to soothe my scalp, until I realized that I shouldn’t disturb an already flaky scalp.

In fact, I find that the less I touch my hair, the lesser the possibility of getting dandruff at the end of the day. So who ever said that brushing your hair often makes for good hair care? This definitely doesn’t work for me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312111900430730/k2311a1121/11.21.09