Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver, Canada  » Travel  »
6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver, British Columbia, V7R 4K9
  • I enjoy going to Grouse Mountain in whatever season of the year
  • The timber wolves are particularly interesting for me
  • But what I like the most is the park’s overall centre, where there’s a hub of hills and mountains
  • Honestly, I thought I had to go to the Alps, or to Switzerland to savor the sight of snow clad mountains, stark green meadows and streams of dark-blue waters
  • I would definitely be back at Grouse Mountain soon, too bad I didn’t pay the annual membership fee, but what can you do

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I enjoy going to Grouse Mountain in whatever season of the year. In summer, when days are longer, it’s time to watch wildlife in its natural habitat. No kidding, you can watch grizzly bears and grey wolves here. The timber wolves are particularly interesting for me. They do have more than two acres of dedicated habitat in the valley just north of the Skyride terminal.

But what I like the most is the park’s overall centre, where there’s a hub of hills and mountains. Honestly, I thought I had to go to the Alps, or to Switzerland to savor the sight of snow clad mountains, stark green meadows and streams of dark-blue waters. I thought I had to go and plan a trip to Europe in order to catch a glimpse of the Blue

Danube, until my friend took me to Grouse Mountain two summers ago.

This is such a magnificent place, they might as well have shot the opening scenes of The Sound of Music movie here. In winter, Grouse Mountain of course, transforms itself into winter wonderland. My friend got so addicted to skiing here that she broke a knee once, and she never got back to skiing ever again.

I find it so tempting to try out skiing for a change, as I only dabbled into ice-skating on a polished skating rink. My best friend often told me that there’s nothing like cross-county skiing, and my sister too, for that matter, but somehow I just never had the opportunity to try the sport for myself. Or maybe I’m too scared! I just don’t want to break ...

• a bone like my friend did, as I’m getting old.

Last winter, I almost did try it. We parked my friend’s car at the parking lot where could see the ski lifts being boarded. Alas, there were just too many people, so we didn’t bother to try.

It’s very easy to get to Grouse Mountain from Vancouver. Just follow Georgia Street westward, and then take the North Vancouver exit to Marine Drive. From there, it’s a matter of following Capilano Road and you’ll get to the Grouse Mountain resort in time. After all, it’s only five kilometers away from there.

The entrance fee for an adult is $34.95. I think you’re better off to just purchase an annual membership, since $89.95 is enough to give an adult access to all Grouse Mountain facilities for all

of 365 days. It can’t get much cheaper than that!

Parking fees, though, are not part of the deal. It’s $5 for a day’s parking, so it’s really more economical to pay the annual parking pass of $30, especially if you think you’ll be at Grouse Mountain from time to time.

The views are spectacular, not only from inside the sky lift which takes you to the best ski spots with lots of powder. The Observatory is the best place to have great meal while beholding the view, mountains, snow, streams and all. I would definitely be back at Grouse Mountain soon, too bad I didn’t pay the annual membership fee, but what can you do? That’s life.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382111900410730/k2311a1121/11.21.09