Mars Planets bars  » Food  »
  • I always like to try new chocolate bars and as I like Mars bars I thought I would try a packet of Mars Planets
  • A 36g standard bag of Mars Planets cost me 44 pence from Tesco, but are they anything to write home about

• by jeanne71

I always like to try new chocolate bars and as I like Mars bars I thought I would try a packet of Mars Planets. These are basically little milk chocolate balls with three different centers – chewy, crispy and soft – which are supposed to be the different components of a Mars bar, except with the discrepancy that there

is no crispy section in a Mars bar.

They could have made a chocolate ball with a…chocolate centre to be consistent, but anyway.

A 36g standard bag of Mars Planets cost me 44 pence from Tesco, but are they anything to write home about?

Mars Planets were not that exciting, but maybe I would buy them again if I fancied a small nibble.

There are about twenty chocolate balls in a packet divided into the three different centers.

The chewy ones have the caramel from a standard Mars bar, the soft ones have the chocolate flavor nougat from a Mars bar and the crispy ones have crunchy biscuit inside which makes them resemble Malteasers but are not ...

• Mars Planets bars
      remotely as nice as Malteasers.

You can tell which chocolate ball has which centre as they are different sizes.

The chocolate they are covered in is in the same milk chocolate as standard Mars bars.

Based on all the above, I was never going to dislike Mars Planets as I like Mars bars, but there is nothing

particular special about these either and if I fancied a chocolate ball type snack like these, I would rather go for a packet of Revels or Malteasers rather than Planets.

I may buy these again if I am in the mood, but unlike Malteasers I would not crave Mars Planets as they are not special enough or original enough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272011900090230/k2311a1120/11.20.09