Tylenol Back Pain  » Medicine  »
2.0
  • Although I should know to stick to what works for me, I decided to give this new product a new try
  • Unfortunately, Tylenol Back Pain had neither of these effects on me
  • I tried taking it again before bed, hoping that at least I could get some sleep and try again in the morning-I thought maybe this particular episode was worse than usual, so maybe that is why this medication didn’t work as well
  • I didn’t sleep well, and I was very disappointed, because I needed it
  • Although other people may find their experience different than mine, I just can’t recommend it like I recommend Robaxacet

• by Jessie Bahrey

I have always used Robaxacet for back pain, and I have had few complaints, other than that it tends to be a bit expensive (approximately $13 for 20 pills). But it does generally work for my muscular back or neck pain, as long as it is not something more serious than muscular. I strained my back muscles last week doing weights at the gym, and so I went to the drugstore, intending to buy Robaxacet. On the shelf right beside my usual medication was a Tylenol product that I had never seen before, and it says

the word ‘new’ right on the package. Tylenol Back Pain comes in the same type of packaging as Robaxacet, and in caplets, and right on the front of the package it says that it has muscle relaxant as well as the usual pain relief in Tylenol. Although I should know to stick to what works for me, I decided to give this new product a new try. This medication is a couple dollars less than Robaxacet at my local drugstore, but I mainly wanted to try this out of curiosity, so I purchased it and went home.

I assumed that Tylenol Back Pain would be similar to Robaxacet-it doesn’t take the pain away completely (only prescription muscle relaxants can do that for me), but it makes life bearable and allows me to get on with my day without too much pain. Robaxacet also helps me sleep, and I am unsure if it is the muscle relaxant ingredient or just the formula, but that is always a bonus of this medicine for me. Unfortunately, Tylenol Back Pain had neither of these effects on me. First of all, my lower back muscles did not feel ...

• Tylenol Back Pain
      less seized up; the only effect I could discern was a slight lessening of my headache, which usually comes along with my back ache. This Tylenol did not take away the pain enough for me to sit at a computer for any length of time. I ended up taking a stronger, prescription-strength muscle relaxant from a former episode. I tried taking it again before bed, hoping that at least I could get some sleep and try again in the morning-I thought maybe this particular episode was worse than usual, so maybe that is why this medication
      didn’t work as well. I didn’t sleep well, and I was very disappointed, because I needed it. Tylenol Back Pain did not give me the sleep aid that Robaxacet does. I tried it again the next day, and then the following night, and then I gave up; I just do not get the same benefits and relief that I get when I take Robaxacet.

For my muscular back pain and strain, Tylenol Back Pain just doesn’t work as well as Robaxacet. Although other people may find their experience different than mine, I just can’t recommend it like I recommend Robaxacet.

quick note by anonymous :

I believe the 2 products have the same ingredients??

Mahesh says :

Medicinal Ingredients: Each Caplet Contains: Pain reliever: Acetaminophen, 500 mg. Muscle relaxant: Methocarbamol, 400 mg.
Methocarbamol is marketed under different names when presented in combination with other active ingredients
So,They both have same ingredients.

Nora Kim says :

Back pain, headache or name it, I just couldn’t leave home with my luggage without Tylenol in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262011900080230/k2311a1120/11.20.09